QRX350 Premium Q and A

Discussion in 'Walkera QRX350/QRX 350 Pro/QRX 350 Premium' started by Moso, Jul 28, 2017.

1. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +523 / 15
    I'm confused. What is the issue?

2. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0

3. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    The issue is that the craft (Premium) is not showing any red/blue flicker (blinks) to get going. However, there appears to be a very dim red light (glow) inside the rear end.Hoe this helps.

Anxiously await feedback/advice as I dare not fly till I hear from you and are able to rectify the issue.

Cheers
    Mo

4. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +523 / 15
    Sounds like the LED has died or disconnected. if the telemetry is showing 15 stats then it should be doing the blinking. You might have dislodged a wire when it overturned.

5. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Oh no... means I'd have to remove the darn thing. Very messy due to tiny screws that get so easily stripped. Anyhew, many thanks. That;s better than a igger 'replacement' of something issue.

6. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    igger should read bigger....(above post)

I have been advised to install a LiFe battery for the Petrol engine ignition system. Apparently charges faster than Lipo, true?? Trying to place an order but have noticed some LiFe's are LIFePo4's... Are they the same? 'They' say a LIFePo4 charger must be used. I am a bit confused and concerned.

I was planning to use NiCad/Nimh 4.8V. However, since the ignition is able to take 7.4V, should I not use a Lipo battery?

Would appreciate your feedback/advice.

Cheers
    Mo

7. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +523 / 15
    Ok,

LiFe batteries have lower voltages per cell than LiPos. So you need to determine what you need based on the Voltage Requirements of the equipment you are using.

As an example a basic RX and Servos require 5V to operate. A 4.8V NiCad or NiMh will do the job. But as the charge is used the voltage will drop just like all batteries.

RXs and Servos and Flight controllers can operate from 4.8V up to 8.4 Volts. But all the components need to support the same voltages. It will be in the Spec of the equipment.

A 2s lipo will be 8.4V fully charged so can only be used if all devices support 8.4 Volts. If you use a 2S lipo then you need to add a BEC. (Battery Eliminator Circuit) Most ESCs have a BEC function as well but as you are flying Petrol you would need a seperate BEC.

A seperate BEC can be programmed for whatever voltage you need to supply and as the battery discharges it will not effect the voltage to the RX etc. If the BEC is set to 4.8, 5.0, 6.0 etc.

All batteries basically require 1 hour to charge. Based on 1C charging unless otherwise specified. I have some 2S 5C charge batteries that charge in < 15 Minutes.

I don't have any experience in LiFePo4's so can't really comment on them.

Cheers

8. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Many thanks for that BRJ. Most grateful indeed.

I've been struggling with the petrol ignition, in that, it's given 4.8V / 8.4V - see pix. I presumed it will work within the rage of 4.8V to 8.4V. Hence the choice of Lipo 2S 6.6V with the intention of using a voltage regulator set at 4.8V as you have said.

If as you say, Rx's and Servos work better at 5V, could I not use a 2S-7.4V Lipo (to avoid the complication of Life & LIFePo4 etc) with a BEC or buck down Regulator (see pix) to supply 5V to the Rx and Servos. Presume 2s LiFe 6.6V may be to save on weight?? Then, have a separate 4.8V system for the ignition as above.

Having said that (above), weight may be an issue with two LIpos whereas, NiCd/Nimh are comparatively lighter.

Perhaps without over complicating it, would it not be easier/better to use the NiCad/Nimh 4.8V for Rx and Servo's as at present and have a 2S-7.4V Lipo with a regulator at 4.8V for the ignition ? Your opinion is sought.

Thanks in advance
    Cheers
    Mo

ngh A-02 Ignition.JPG V Regulator.JPG

9. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +523 / 15
    :)

OK Lipos are labeled with their Nominal Voltage. Which is pretty much the voltage that you should stop discharging them.

You need to be conscious of their fully charged voltage.

1S 4.2V
    2S 8.4V
    3S 12.6V
    4S 16.8V

etc.

So be careful you don't overload anything.

Cheers

10. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Yep, thanks for that.

Tried to assign a channel to flaps on a new foamie. Cessna 185. Search as I may on the F12e Tx but was unable to find how to set it up. It appears that there is no channel input setting?? Would you kindly explain how this can be done, please?

btw - have you done your maiden on the SU35S yet? If affirmative, any pix/vids?

Cheers
    Mo