QRX350 Premium Q and A

Discussion in 'Walkera QRX350/QRX 350 Pro/QRX 350 Premium' started by Moso, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Yes, I did and double checked. First thing I did. Strange indeed.

Will try again. do I need to do the stick direction sequence and recalib again.

Keep you posted.

2. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hey Chief Engineer, good news for you (less hassle with my issues) and for me, less hassle for me too. Had a quick browsie of the two links you sent regarding FW upgrade tutorials. Great stuff indeed. Thereafter, had a brain wave I thought was worth trying before embarking on the up grade :eek:. Prior to this, did a binding session for two new Walkera Rx's received yesterday. It went off well. No hitch. Thank the good lord :cool:. Thereafter, acted on this brainwave... (monkey praising his own tail...!! ;)). I did a factory reset...hey presto a test run of QRX seemed normal again. Cheers all around. Praise the lord...!! Thereafter, went into the other saved models on TX and tested for trim movement. Miraculously AETR trims appeared normal Not in reverse for A&E this time. Normal but was done on hooking up a couple of servos to one of the new Rx's. So, relax no need to tear your hair off on my behalf...he..hee..:) all seem good.

Now then, I wrecked the ESC of the AT-6 (Harward) on Sunday. I know that the motor was refusing to turn on Thro stick movement which I believed was b'coz it was just about ever so lightly touching the very soft plastic cowl. However, with a slight hand push it rorated OK. On trying to take off (very wet grass and small wheels) plane did not attain V1 (whoo hoo..V1 huh) and...Lo and behold... the ESC burst into flames:mad:. Quickly managed to yank every thing out before it ruined the fuselage. Don't have a spare ESC. So then, all this spiel was to ask you if it's OK to use a cannibalised ESC which doesn't seem to emit the usual sing-song and beeps. However, appear to work all controls OK?

Cheers
    Mo

P.S. most pleased with myself...so far.

3. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Aah..one more clarification please. On the Deviation Protocols page noticed that the Devo could be configured to work as other brands of Tx's. What does this really mean? Does this mean that the Devo can be configured to work as any of the brands given therein? As I understand, if affirmative, does it mean you could bind the chosen brand's Rx? Not sure if I am being clear though.

4. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +495 / 15
    Umm. Not really. Cheap ESCs have a habit of burning out. Remember all the math I did some time ago in this thread about matching Props, ESCs and Batteries.

The ESC has nothing to do with the controls other than supplying the +5 Volts to the RX.

The Chirps etc do not come from the ESC they come from the motor.

So you need to connect a motor to the ESC and then it should give the sounds.

Then reason that your ESC burnt out was because the motor was jammed / stalled / excess friction. An electric motor has max torque at 0 revs. That also means that it will draw the most current through the ESC from the Battery. The same thing will happen if you put on too large a prop.

A stalled motor will kill the ESC and damage the Battery.

The Radio with the Deviation FW will support Walkera Devo protocol and JR / Spectrum DSMX DSM2 protocol. The rest are support with a Hardware mod.

• Support for multiple protocols without any modifications to the transmitter:
      • Walkera DEVO
      • Walkera WK2401/WK2601/WK2801
      • Nine Eagles J6 Pro (requires telemetry module)
      • DSM2/DSMX
    So you can use / Bind JR and Spectrum RXs without the HW mod.

5. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +495 / 15
    Forgot to add. This is why I like Wooden props. You nose in with a plastic prop it doesn't break and it stalls the motor.

A wooden prop will snap and the motor can still turn.

But I use Plastic for all 3 blade props. No choice.

Cheers

6. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I see. So the ESC's are stuffed. Bought a new Hobbywing Skywalker 20A to day. Already installed for a fly tomorrow weather permitting.

good I had a motor connected. A good motor. Didn't know that the sounds were emitted by the motore. Thanks. Learned another thing. So, why didn't the motore Chirp with the old ESC then? The motor responds well with this ESC.

Bought some prop savers but try as I may, couldn't install the damn thing. Something appeared to be missing. Pictures I ve seen show the p/saver simply pushed into the motor shaft and the prop connected to ti with the aid of the 'O' ring. Any ideas?

Thanks for the gen. Appreciate it. This indeed is good news.

Thank for the education B.

Cheers
    Mo

PS. the gaff below is important.

7. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Read up on your early posts WRT the Premium set up. Did a calib and just made a lift off to test. All OK that's what I said earlier. Read the pre,im flying procedure posts and id exactly as said. Did two circles (was pretty hard to keep on level altitude and it swing wildly a couple of times) and took batts out etc. Powered up again and ran down the Batts circling as adviced.

Put a new Batt for the manual maneuvering. Appeared to bind (props clicking) but didn't go any further. WTH..Took Batts out and tried again. No go. No self test etc. Only power the green light.What HAS gone wrong? Crickey. Hope I don't need to upgrade W and stuff. Would appreciate your input to sort it, please.

Checked the other fixed wing Rx's and they bind and work OK including the trims now responding in the correct manner. However, noticed a couple of funny issues. The travel adjust for the Elevator 'U' & 'D' adjustments appear to adjust (Elevator up with stick movement down and vice versa) the other way round. Unless I am mistaken. My belief is when adjusting the 'U' expect the Elevator to go up not down..!! Having said that, it does corresponds to the stick movement. Is this correct?

Not a biggie as the trim adjustments have now corrected.

The more important issue is with the Premium.

Look forward to your advice.

Cheers
    Mo

8. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +495 / 15
    Do you have multiple models set up on your radio?

If you reset the model config for the Premium make sure that it is set up as an aeroplane not a helicopter.

The default setting is Helicopter Collective Pitch (The pitch signal is output on channel 6) you will get things changing on you mid throttle and make the Premium unstable.

Check that you have not adjusted the trims. And not adjusted the end points. You will also need to ensure that you have set the correct end points for Circle Mode)

Make sure that you follow the manual to the letter for the Premium Radio setup.

This is the correct way for a fixed wing. Pull the stick back (Down) to go up. Nose Up. Stick forward to nose down.

The U and D relate to the nose position not the direction of movement of the elevator control.

The correct model config for the Premium is attached below. Just unzip it.

Cheers Brian

p.s. The esc was broken. Could not send the sounds to the motor.

Attached Files:

9. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Yes. Several fixed wings. That's where the issue I had with trims for Ele & Ail were reversed if you remember which now appear to have corrected after the re-set.

Hmmm..yes, I did the usual config as I had done for the first time. Even then the only thing I id, as I recall, was the model calibration dance, stick calibration, stick mode, setting of the battery Voltages, Buzzer, timer, vid channel etc. No changes to trims.

This time I didn't. Last time 'we' set a 5m circle.

Aha...didn't realise this point that U/D is for Ele up/down. Must check my KDS Tx to see if it's the same...

Thanks heaps mate.

Another gaff below.

Cheers
    Mo

10. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I delayed responding to your last coz of what happened to day.

I took the Quad out with the idea of starting from scratch. Upon being powered up it went on to do it's usual jig. I was surprised. Scratched my head and realised that I just might have not inserted the battery properly the previous time...So, with some trepidity, I took it for a spin as per your original instruction what to do with the second battery run. Forward, backward, left, right etc. All good. Third battery run, did as the 1st & 2nd run for the first ten minutes and then id a few other runs. All appeared normal. In fact, I did notice that it appeared somewhat steadier than the first time...!! Maybe, I am skewed as I may be more experienced this time.

So, what do you think? Be good to have your feedback.

btw the Sensor View is inaccessible. Unable to recall if this was always the cse. Must go over some of the past settings record.

Cheers
    Mo