QRX350 Premium Q and A

Discussion in 'Walkera QRX350/QRX 350 Pro/QRX 350 Premium' started by Moso, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thanks heaps. Some at the field fly slightly smaller craft with 4s-3300's. Ok. will try a few.
    cheers

2. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hi B, anticipate you're keeping well.

Have ordered some new Lipo with >2200mAh. Pain waiting for them.

Have been busy with a new fixed wing (66"). Installed a .61 glow which appears to be under-powered and tail heavy.

Been trolling the www rc groups for gen on the equivalent power (size in cc) for 2S Gas vs. 2S Glow. I have a cc to ci conversion chart. However, understand that direct conversion and/or equivalent size for cc to ci is incorrect to obtain same power. Would you be have a conversion method?

WRT tail heavy - requires about 360g of weight in front...!! Have you heard of such a number?

Await a response when able.

Cheers/Mo

3. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +474 / 14
    Can you provide some details of the motor and model. Hopefully some pictures. It should not be tail heavy and a 61 should be fine. Is it 2 or 4 stroke. makes a big difference.

Where is the fuel tank installed in the plane.

Need pics.

Cheers

4. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thanks.

Pix uploaded FYI as requested.

The motor is an 2s Nitro ASP-61S. Unused. Starts with a couple of hand flicks of prop. Runs well. Smooth at low idle.
    The fuel tank is immediately aft of the motor.
    There appears to be space/location under the motor/belly to add some serious weight.
    Wing chord at fuselage is 290 wide. Main spar is around 96mm from leading edge - position from which CG was tested. Had to add 360g to balance..!!

I am sure the 61 is sufficient but I do want to install a Gas motor. Direct conversion from .61 appears to 10cc 2s Gas. so I econ a 13-17 cc 2s Gas ought to be sufficient I reckon. Do you concur?

A power conversion methodology/chart from 2S Nitro to 2S Gas will be appreciated.

Blue Gull 1.JPG Blue Gull 2.JPG Blue Gull 3.JPG Blue Gull 4.JPG

5. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hi Mate, hope you're keeping well.

I have another minor issue binding Devo F12E with a Rx-601. Reviewed one of your posts how to bind, so simple. Have gone through numerous combinations but still the damn thing wouldn't bind. Have also "cleared"the Rx but still no go. Do you need the binding plug after clearing?

Some assistance will be appreciated.

Any news on the ci to cc power conversion chart?
    Cheers
    Mo

6. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +474 / 14
    Make sure that you also don't have the TX on Fixed ID.

That model sure has a short nose.

The cutout for the wing looks a bit strange it looks like it has positive attack.

Can you mount the wing and take a picture?

I can't help with the conversion, sorry. I have never done one.

Cheers

7. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    This Rx is faulty. I successfully bound another Rx of the same type without any hassle.

Will take a full shot and send. Incidentally, I flew the Blue bird a couple of weeks ago.

In haste, Cheers
    Mo

8. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hi B, apologies for the delayed response. Blue Gull (plane) pix attached. I am afraid it's a bit of a lengthy spiel Sorry.

(A) I have another very unusual problem with the Devo F12e Tx. The new Rx which was bound recently (previous conversation) was installed in this plane. However, lo and behold, the "trim" works in reverse...!! Luckily this was known prior to maiden flight. Any idea why and how to fix this?

(B) Some Tx params that I don't understand.
    1 - Fn Menu,
    (a) Monitor view, Elev U = 2, Ail R = 12, Thro H = 53, Rud = 0, Gear = -100, Flap D = 150 (no flaps in craft), Aux 2, 3, 4 = -100 Aux 5, 6 = 0, Aux 7 = -100
    (b) Travel adjust, generally I understand this but Elev is set to U=150 (0%) & D = 100 (5%). However, the Elev movement is very little. Adjusting the settings do appear to give some commensurate movement adjustment but require to have much more Rudder Up. How do I achieve this?
    (c) Throttle, H = -150 (0%), L = 53 (0%)
    (c.1) what do the percentage values mean?
    (c.2) The above was set in abid to set throttle "cut" but don't know how and on which switch it's hooked to?
    (d)Rudder L = +100, R = -100(5%) see, same value but percentage value is different. (d1) Why?
    (e) Gear100 (0%), -100 (0%). I know that the Gear in my other Tx (KDS) works the throttle cut.
    (e.1) If this the same for the Devo, would you please explain how I could set the throttle cut.
    (f) Sub Trim
    (f.1) what is this setting?
    (f.2) All settings thru' A, T, R, G, F Aux 3 & 4 are all at 0.0% except Elev is U 12.5%
    (f.3) what does the above mean?
    (g) Fail safe A,E,T, R are all at Servo Hold. Is it possible to set a "holding patter" if comms fail?

2 -Sys menu
    (a) Stick Mode. I use Mode 2. If this was changed to Mode 1, do you have to open Tx and swap the Elev spring?

I think I will close here before becoming a nuisance.

Some info / advice will be appreciated.

Cheers
    Mo Blue Gull 5.JPG Blue Gull 6.JPG Blue Gull 7.JPG Blue Gull 8.JPG Blue Gull 9.JPG