QRX350 Premium Q and A

Discussion in 'Walkera QRX350/QRX 350 Pro/QRX 350 Premium' started by Moso, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thanks heaps. Some at the field fly slightly smaller craft with 4s-3300's. Ok. will try a few.
    cheers

2. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hi B, anticipate you're keeping well.

Have ordered some new Lipo with >2200mAh. Pain waiting for them.

Have been busy with a new fixed wing (66"). Installed a .61 glow which appears to be under-powered and tail heavy.

Been trolling the www rc groups for gen on the equivalent power (size in cc) for 2S Gas vs. 2S Glow. I have a cc to ci conversion chart. However, understand that direct conversion and/or equivalent size for cc to ci is incorrect to obtain same power. Would you be have a conversion method?

WRT tail heavy - requires about 360g of weight in front...!! Have you heard of such a number?

Await a response when able.

Cheers/Mo

3. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +472 / 14
    Can you provide some details of the motor and model. Hopefully some pictures. It should not be tail heavy and a 61 should be fine. Is it 2 or 4 stroke. makes a big difference.

Where is the fuel tank installed in the plane.

Need pics.

Cheers

4. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thanks.

Pix uploaded FYI as requested.

The motor is an 2s Nitro ASP-61S. Unused. Starts with a couple of hand flicks of prop. Runs well. Smooth at low idle.
    The fuel tank is immediately aft of the motor.
    There appears to be space/location under the motor/belly to add some serious weight.
    Wing chord at fuselage is 290 wide. Main spar is around 96mm from leading edge - position from which CG was tested. Had to add 360g to balance..!!

I am sure the 61 is sufficient but I do want to install a Gas motor. Direct conversion from .61 appears to 10cc 2s Gas. so I econ a 13-17 cc 2s Gas ought to be sufficient I reckon. Do you concur?

A power conversion methodology/chart from 2S Nitro to 2S Gas will be appreciated.

Blue Gull 1.JPG Blue Gull 2.JPG Blue Gull 3.JPG Blue Gull 4.JPG