QRX350 Premium Q and A

Discussion in 'Walkera QRX350/QRX 350 Pro/QRX 350 Premium' started by Moso, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thanks for the suggestions on batts. Now, I understand the relationship viz, mAh & C rating and the need for a suitably rates ESC. Thanks, man.

Wow-a-mia...what a super looking jet..!! the demo flight is just fantab. Cricky, so fast. You must be having keen eyesight. Lucky man. Good folk always get good things...!! Enjoy. Send some vids if poss.
    Cheers
    Mo

2. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    So, based on the above, the motors' Wattage must be matched with the power supply, right? i.e the number of cells in the batt for max efficiency and to avoid damage to the motor. Is this correct or way off?

One thing I don't understand is, where did you get the 5A in the above equation? Some clarification will be appreciated.

Cheers
    Mo

3. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +436 / 14
    No problem.

The 5 Amp is just a constant (example) used to show the difference between 6S and 3S.

Yes if you mean the ESC as part of the power supply / train. The Motor, ESC and Battery will perform based on the load. The load is the spinning propeller drawing air. The more blades, the larger the diameter, and pitch, will increase the load. i.e. Spinning an oversize or over pitched prop would draw larger currents.

The number of cells will be dependant on the ESC Cell rating. ESC Specification will advise what cell count is supported by the ESC.

To be able to get the tune correct between all the components you need the thrust stand.

4. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Ok mate. Understood. Good teacher. Physics was one of my favourite subs but Electricity was not my first love...;)

Cheers
    Mo

5. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hi B,
    I've been searching for a sandable glue for EPP/Styrene (the Cessna/Lanyu) for the past few days but not been successful. Would you know if any such product exists?

Converting this tricycle to a tail dragger.

Cheers
    Mo

6. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hey B, a minor glitch. Sometimes, I don't receive the email notification for the thread. This is necessary for me to especially print out important stuff e.g. Lipo-101 etc.

Any idea why and/or how it could be fixed?

Had a look at the suggested Thrust Analyser... Oh boy, even if I bought it, would have a clue how to use it. Might have to bother you to no end. Is there any straightforward method to calculate?

cheers
    Mo

7. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +436 / 14
    I use:

DELUXE MATERIALS BD5 MODEL Filler LITE WHITE 240CC DELUXE 5060243900524 | eBay

Deluxe Materials BD48 Wonderfill 240ML DM-BD48 DELUXE 5060243901248 | eBay

Deluxe Materials Micro Balloons DM-BD15 DELUXE | eBay

You will need to find a source.

You have to be subscribed to the thread and it only notifies you once. You need to view the thread for it to notify you again.

Thrust analyser is easy.

When can discuss when you get one.

Cheers.

8. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thanks, B.

Oh.. now I got it wrt to how the thread is alerted. No wonder. You learn something every day..

Will review info.

WRT the analyser, hmmmm.. nice of you to offer to run me thru' on 'how to' but I am kind of loathe to bother you all the time. Anyways, let's see how things pan out. I can't just go get what I like when I want.. as you mate..!!

Take care.. (we need you..!!)
    Cheers
    Mo