QRX350 Premium Q and A

Discussion in 'Walkera QRX350/QRX 350 Pro' started by Moso, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Don't worry about the LED switch. Not essential I suppose. Need to learn to live with it but IF such a gadget was available (after market) or could be easily made, then it might be worth.

Cheers

2. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Received the gimbal cable and tested OK.

Few minor issues with the fixing - Gimbal + Cam. The contraption appears to be moving left and right albeit very slowly by itself although the Quad is stationary. Any idea why/how this happening and if this can be fixed?

Couple of other clarifications if you don't mind.

Don't ask me how or why (long story) I managed to shear-off one of the little lock-on gadgets attached to one of the Gimbal vibration balls..!! Is this a big issue? Doesn't appear so but who am I to say that.

When the Quad is at an extreme angle, the Gimbal kind of does a wild dance. Presumably, this is normal?? but, what is the situation in the air? The Quad goes through acute gyrations (angles) especially when it's windy or due to fast/quick turns. Do I need to be concerned?

Some other observations.

The Gimbal can't be fixed with the Original Fish Eye (F/eye) in place. Good job I got a blank F/eye. However, there is no telemetry as a result. Not that it matters for now coz we don't look at the screen to fly. So, what will the situation be when flying with FPV ?

When on record mode with the Gimbal & Cam (GnC), Is it possible to look at the screen and still fly? I know I can't. so, how will one record?

On battery charging. Is it bad to recharge when batts are hot?

It was noticed that the LCD does funny things now and then. Color streaks and the such.

With the installation of the GnC the screen displayed an icon what looked like a battery in Green. Is this for the Quad battery? Coz, I was testing the Cam etc and fiddling around with the props running at a distance on the ground and suddenly the Quad stopped. Looked at the rear back lights and it had come down to 2 LED's. However, the Green icon which I thought was the new battery indicator was still "full".?? what might you think?

Sorry mate for all these hassle questions. Please review and send us some advice/gen when time permits.

Cheers
    Mo

3. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +379 / 13
    There is a Gimbal tuning video on Youtube. Search for it.

Show me a picture.

Sounds like tuning. See Video from above.

There is no telemetry from the iLook Camera. But there is from the radio. Use the Telemetry screen on the F12E. Normal video then press down on right button.

You will have no Telemetry on FPV. So set warnings in the telemetry settings on the TX to give you vibration warnings.

You use the record switch on the radio. Im not quite sure what you are saying here.

Very bad.

Sounds like a bad connection to the LCD display. You need to be more gentle with the radio. They are not that robust.

Its how much space is on the SD card in the camera.

Been busy.

I bought another 3DH Gimbal I could not resist it for the price. $59 save $280.

Walkera G-3DH Brushless Camera Gimbal With 360 Degrees Tilt Control

I have been trying to tune an Align 500L Trex Dominator with a Naza-H flight controller. of course no real information on the "how to" exists and its a bunch of guess work.

Its cost me about 300 buck in parts so far. very frustrating. The 500 does not have a forward tilt landing runners. So you keep catching the tail rotor on teh long grass where I am testing. It has ripped out Torque tube gears, caused a cartwheel that broke a $50 USD blade. and a $120USD servo plus linkages.

But I am getting there. You have to do a calibration flight where the FC assists in stability. Its meant to take 2-3 minutes then clear and give you full control back. But when you run out of batteries and it does not clear its a struggle getting it back on the ground safely.

Cheers

4. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    ref broken Gimbal lock gadgets... see pix-1

Will check this out tomorrow and revert.

My point is that, when you're recording, especially people, then you gotta 'see' what you're recording right? Which means, you gotta look at the LCD on Tx, which means you have little idea what the quad is doing??? That's what I mean..if I am clear enough. Yes? Eg. parties, weddings etc

Thanks so much for all other info. No worries about slight delay. Actually thought you had gone on holiday to the Bahamas or some place.. with your Drone this time and was fully expecting to see some footage...!!

You have enough dough to burn man. I am a poor guy, comparatively. However, couldn't resist buying that G-3DH...Ouch..Too good an opportunity to miss I thought - just like you. Now I have three Gimbals and only one Drone and to add to that, I am desperately trying to get one of my fixed winged craft off the ground and have been fiddling with it (difficult re fix) for the past three weeks albeit on a P/time basis..

Cheers
    Mo

Fixing plate close up + broken fixing.JPG

5. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +379 / 13
    Oh, you need to replace that. Those 2 things are securing pins. They are the only thing holding the gimbal on. They white dampers are just dampers. They come come free if not secured.

I understand what you mean now. You fly FPV once in the air and everything stable you know what the aircraft is doing by what relative movement you see in the screen. So you are always looking at the screen. Occasionally you might glance up at the aircraft.

Cheers

6. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hmmm...sourcing such a small part will be am mission. Might have to resort to Mc Guyver.. shouldn't be too hard.

Yes, managed to obtain Telemetry on Tx. Thanks. If not for you , it would probably take me several days to figure out.. However, to add to your woes, a few icns that I do not understand which if you don't mind clarifying what they mean. See pix 1

1. On LHS top cnr - Two blobs just under sensor view. One looks like a 8 fallen on it's side. The other a rectangular fish..??
    2. Horizontal Distance (as what I think) On top RHS - why is it showing 54m when the quad is <2m away?
    3. Altitude indicator (as what I think) on LHS middle of screen - it shows -9998.3 ...??
    4. Top RHS - Arrow pointing up adjoining battery indicator
    5. What is the + sign on middle of screen

Telemetry 2.JPG

Earlier, when I said the LCD becomes fuzzy you said

Hey, I am always 'gentle'with my stuff...:) see pix.

I am a bit concerned. Having said this, should connection be totally lost, the quad ought to RTB, right? However, must confess that, although this did happen a couple of times in the field, albeit briefly as in this case also, the pix is when it happened inside my "work shop" (garage).

LCD spotty 2.JPG

One more issue, the most important of them all is with the replaced ESC/Speed Controller Blue. It doesn't appear to be that bright compared to the other side. see pix below. Do you think it may be causing instability and/or difficulty to control - land and take off ?? I have ordered a new Blue speed controller but the wretched Chinese N'Yr is delaying dispatch.

Blue ESC 1.JPG

Hope you get along speedily with your new toys..

Cheers
    Mo

7. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +379 / 13
    Ok your description of the screen was misleading. That is snow. It means that you do not have a good connection to the camera. Either interference, or connected on a side channel.

You have 2 screens overlaid there. One is the overlay for the camera the other the Sensor overlay from the Transmitter.

It gets cluttered.

If you turn off the Telemetry screen and just use the base video you can see the info that the camera provides.

The blobs are from the camera tells you if record on off etc.

8. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    hmmm...no side channel connection. On ch-8. -It just comes and goes mainly when indoors. May be interference as you say.

Sorry mate... I am a bit concerned with, what to me appears to be a malfunctioning Speed Controller (Blue, per pix sent previously, the last one) as the Quad doesn't seem 'normal'. I feel a distinct difference is behavior after the replacement. I don't know if I should be bothering you with these details. I am planning to replace it, yet again. Is this necessary in your opinion?

When you can let us have your verdict. I know I must be tiring you out..Sorry. I am aware I am not the only one you have to deal with.

Cheers
    Mo

9. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +379 / 13
    Its just an LED. Not sure why it not bright. Should make no Difference. Just check that you have the correct cables connected and that the Red Power Wire to the ESC and the Black part wire to the ESC is well soldered.

Cheers

Been Posting dissertations on the DJI Forum.. I get around. :rolleyes:

10. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thanks Chief. Appreciate your thoughts. Will keep you posted. Feel a bit more relaxed now.

FYI - Last time, I felt (or imagined) that the Drone was struggling to get off the ground and make height (battery on third LED blink) and suddenly it didn't to go anywhere but down.. and did so. Luckily was not ? 1m or so above ground...!! Need to see what happens next time.

I am informing you of most issues I encounter... partly be coz I know it will go into your BOK and perhaps make mental notes in your head HD.. and seek solutions and/or reasons thereof within your BOK and perhaps be able to help some other's who knock on your door.

Perhaps you will soon be a DJI fan??

I must tell you this. I had the opportunity of flying a DJI 4 Pro last week. Gosh man, its STEADY AS.. even without GPS.. I was stunned. You could bring it so close and catch it in your hand..Take-ff and landings are an absolute breeze..even on a fairly sloping ground...!! It just hovers in the same place even in a fairly strong breeze.. This is serious stuff. I am seriously thinking of getting one now. Now knowing you mentioned about DJI technology, and had this experience been before I purchased the Premium, you already know my answer... That's for Pros'. For Cons', it's not as good looking and a tad smaller.

Cheers
    MMo