QR X350 Pro and Ground Station

Discussion in 'Walkera QRX350/QRX 350 Pro/QRX 350 Premium' started by herrmann99, Nov 12, 2015.

1. herrmann99

herrmann99 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi I'm new to drone stuff and am looking into buying a QR X350 PRO and wanted to know if the Bluetooth ground station is compatible with it? Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. Darkone7

Darkone7 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I do not believe it is compatible with the ground station. The lowest one that is... it the Scout X4.

3. TrueHawkeyeFan

TrueHawkeyeFan New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    If you want to upgrade your QR X350 Pro to be compatible with the BT-2401A/B Ground Station, there's a couple of things you'll need to do:

First and foremost, you will have to upgrade the main controller from the standard Devo M Controller which comes with the QR X350 Pro to the FCS-X4 Controller which comes with the Scout. The main reason for doing this upgrade is the Devo M Controller does NOT have the required "Data Port." This "Data Port" is necessary to connect the Air End of the Ground Station. You can pick up one off eBay for relatively cheap. If you are on a tight budget, I have a great hookup. Send me an email, and I will gladly hook you up as well!

If you do not have telemetry, you will have to update your receiver from the Standard RX-703A to a receiver with a telemetry port (example: RX-705, RX-708 or RX-709). You will also need to buy the GPS Cable with the little white telemetry wire which connects to the receiver. I believe they are anywhere form $8 to $12 and can be purchased from both eBay or Amazon.

I would also suggest upgrading the GPS module as well. I would suggest purchasing the Usmile Beitian Dual Module BN-880 GPS Module (roughly $25 on Amazon with free two-day Prime shipping).

Obviously, you will need the BT-2401A/B Ground Station itself. I have a hook-up for the "Ground Module" (BT-2401B) of the Ground Station; however, I have not seen many of the "Air Modules" (BT-2401A) for sale individually. I purchased a complete used Ground Station off eBay for roughly $100. If you keep your eye out, you should be able to find one for a reasonable price.

I would also recommend purchasing the UP02 update tool with the adapter as well. You will need this tool to update both the ground and air modules to the latest firmware. You will likely need to make your own connecting cable for updating the "Air Module" as it takes a sero to UART cable to update via the UP02 tool with adapter.

I know this works as I have done this to multiple QR X350 Pro's. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to email me at any time!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. rodri

rodri New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mucho, querido gusto, adquirí los siguientes componentes para actualizar mi QR X350 Pro: CONTROLLER FCS-H500 (FIRMWARE 2.2), RX705, MÓDULO GPS BN-880, MÓDULO AIR BT-2401A (FIRMWARE 1015) Y MÓDULO TIERRA BT-2401B ( FIRWARE 1015),
    Ahora me gustaría saber qué tengo que hacer para que mi quad funcione, espero su pronta respuesta y agradecería su ayuda para poder hacer y llevar a cabo esta actualización, GRACIAS
    X350 Pro GCS (Ground Station Version) von Innen – Walkera Fans

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018