QR X350 Premium - unable to connect Ground station (GCS)

Discussion in 'Walkera Help!' started by Drist56, May 18, 2015.

1. Drist56

Drist56 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bluetooth connection and the ground station are not working. Yet I followed the instructions of the notice.
    When I connect the bluetooth to my tablet or phone (Galaxy tabs S and Galaxy S4) it does not detect a device whose name is"Walkera xxxx", as the sheet indicates, but a "wk bt-xxxx". The BT can be paired well, requesting the pin code "1234". Then the LED bluetooh on the BT indicates that the bluetooh link is established (on the other blutooth links, I have to click "connect" before the link is working well. With BT, no connect command exists. normal or not ?) . But when I run the GSC application, it tells me that "no bluetooh appropriate device is present" (some phrase like this). With difficulties I can launch the application, but immediately it indicates "unable to connect", and the drone continues to flash red light, showing there is no ID linked.
    After looking at forums, I think that the BT is to be update wtih an appropriate file, like for Scout see Bluetooth Update Verfahren f r den Bluetooth 2 4 GHz Datalink - Walkera Fans.
    What about this ?

And now, I have posted a video that show this problem. You can see it at

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  2. Drist56

Drist56 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The problem is partialy solved since walkera put a new version of GCS on its website (version end of may),
    See "Is somebody using QR X350 Premium ?" in the walkera talk section.

3. bxmatus

bxmatus Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    if ( and probably yes ) bluetooth system is same as in Scout X4 / Voyager 3 then it is not working on any new android device after 2013 ... not even after fw update ... tested on 4 scounts, 2 voyagers and about 5 phones/tablets ... thank you walkera for it :-D

4. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +554 / 16
    THERE IS UPDATED ANDROID SOFTWARE AVAILABLE THAT WILL FIX YOUR PROBLEM.

Go to the Walkera USA site iuasinc.com

Select technical guide > firmware updater. And select or use the link below

Scout x4 GCS Android Ground Station Software .apk V1.0.3

This is a latest version of the GCS app. The google store has not been updated for a long, long time.

Copy it to, and run it, on your android device.

I had the same problem as the OP reported. I now have working with Tali H500 and X350 premium.

Cheers

5. bxmatus

bxmatus Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    i tried this long time ago .. checking gcs version regularly - not working on newer androids :(

6. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +554 / 16
    I don't know where you are checking if its the play store it is out of date. The link I posted works with Android Versions 4 and 5.

You have to download and update manually there is no check and update for this.

Cheers

7. bxmatus

bxmatus Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Checking on iuasinc.com site of course ... there is version 1.0.5 now ... i did try version from 1.0.3 up and all doing same( not working ) ...
    I did try it on different tables/mobile phones ... all year 2013 or newer including Google nexus 7 which is clean android without any sony or samsung balast ...

8. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +554 / 16
    I assume we are referring to the same thing? There is no 1.0.5 of the GCS App? 1.0.3 I have tested on 2 Samsung devices both V5 and they work fine?

You need to bind the BT TX with the model first so you can get the pairing done from the Android device. Once you have the pair done you don't even need the Model or the BT TX turned on. The app when started will list all the paired BT modules. I have 2 and can select between them

I'm not sure what your issue is?

9. bxmatus

bxmatus Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Check links on iuasinc, both links are saying V1.0.3 but in link iteself you can see that version from Jun 11 is 1.0.5 ( file name is http://www.iuasinc.com/content/Gcs-android-1.0.5.apk ).

10. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +554 / 16
    Ah yes. I see that they have labeled the link incorrectly. Version 1.0.5 is there. That is the version I am using.

I have only bound and tested the GCS app to my Tali at this point in time and it does not crash the app and reports back then telemetry OK. So no crash, at least not yet.

I will have 3 Ground station units by the weekend for a Tali, Scout and Premium. I will try them all and actual try and fly a waypoint mission.

I have been working my way through the app and find some of the setting difficult to use. Like the waypoint height and time to loiter is a slider but does not display the slider settings. A bit hit and miss.

Here is some pics of the GCS app and the Samsung model and Android version.
    IMG_1158.JPG
    IMG_1157.JPG