QR X350, Devo7, iLook+, G-3D gimbal, wire lead connection HELP!!

Discussion in 'Walkera Help!' started by flatcapsteve, Oct 5, 2015.

1. flatcapsteve

flatcapsteve New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi folks,

I have recently joined your forum having just taken up the wonderful hobby of drone flying. I have mastered the flying side so have invested in the purchase of my iLook+ camera and G-3D gimbal. Both items have arrived brand new in their boxes, including wires with what appears to be idiot proof plugs. Try as I might I just cannot figure out how they all connect up. This is not helped by the terminology being different between the gimbal and camera instructions.
    I would really appreciate some help with sorting this out, if any one out there has the same kit, or understands these things.
    Cheers steve

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  2. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hi there, I am having the same issue. Would you kindly let me know how all this connects up. My drone is the Walkera Premium.
    cheers
    Mo

3. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +408 / 13
    OK Did either of you buy the Premium with the Gimbal or did you buy the Gimbal afterwards?

The Cable kit for the Premium is included in the Original Box.

The G3-D Gimbal supports the Ilook series cameras and nearly all the Walkera camera drones .

When you but teh Gimbal it comes with many cables for different models and situations.

It also comes with cables for non Walkera drones.

So if you expect to install all this cables you will get confused.

Only 1 cable is required it goes from the Gimbal to the Smart Connector. To power the ilook camera plug the camera power lead into the Gimbal out connector.

Thats it 2 cables for iLook to Premium.

For GoPro the model comes with a Power connector cable that goes to the 12V dc output port on the opposite side to the Smart connector.

And can also buy the GoPro video cable. You need to route that to a VTX and Power the VTX to the second 12V output connector next to the 1st 12V output connector.

Pictures attached as to what ships in the box plus connectors and cable.

Cheers

IMG_2253.jpg IMG_2252.jpg IMG_2251.jpg IMG_2246.jpg IMG_2250.jpg IMG_2249.jpg IMG_2248.jpg

If you have Lost, Misplaced, Didn't get the cable this is the part number and picture.

Cable.png

Cheers Brian

4. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    OMG...what a heap. Thanks for the education, the pix. Now everything is clear. Need to buy the two cables Z-30.

No, I didn't get the Gimbal with the quad. Had to buy both i-Look+ & the G-3D.

Thanks lot Brian
    cheers
    Mo

5. Moso

Moso Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Is there anyway of migrating this information on the G-3D gimbal stuff onto our other thread? So that all info is on one thread. If possible will appreciate it.

cheers
    Mo