QR 350 Pro Firmware / Model /Parameters Upgrade. Can't Bind, no GPS, no confirmation beeps on start

Discussion in 'Walkera Help!' started by Matebela10, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Matebela10

Matebela10 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I recently upgraded my Devo 10 to 5.0. I also updated my Devo M to 1.7. I am able to bind to the RX but I can't engage the motors. Left LED blinks for a long time and eventually goes off. The red light on RX is steady red when TX is connected. The GPS light does not light. The GPS unit itself, blinks blue and then blue with red intermittent blinks.

I did not save any original model files from my initial setup. I for example have the throttle on the right hand side and the files I used are for the opposite orientation. I also have the 2D Gimbal on this unit.

I am attaching the files I used. I would like them to work with my setup, and they do not. At a minimal I would like to know how to switch the position of the sticks so that the throttle is on right joystick, within the settings. However, it would be great to be able to fly her and I'm not necessarily a pro at this. Far from it obviously.

If I felt comfortable with knowing that the files I am using in the TX and the parameters for the Devo M are correct, I could further diagnose why the GPS is showing as NO GPS or no Fix in mission planner. Can't test motors in MP as command is rejected, which might have something to do with the failsafes. Either way, I have searched the web and updated firmware, and I can't fly her. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

qr 350 pro.param.txt is file I loaded into MP and wrote the parameters to quad.
    model1.ini.txt is the file that sits within my model folder, which is loaded into Devo 10 running Dev 5.0

My receiver is RX703

Attached Files:

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +554 / 16
    Ok,

Firstly I assume you are talking about upgrading the Devo 10 to Deviation 5.0? Your .ini file would indicate that.

Can you confirm? Deviation is a completely different environment to Devention. You need to learn how Deviation works (Its very powerful but also very complex) and set up your own configurations.

As an example the default channel order needs to be configured. It defaults to Futaba AETR but Walkera order is EATR. It also has no mixers until you program them. So the sticks do nothing without adding a mix for each of them. Your .ini file looks to have the mixes installed. Where did you get the model.ini?

It needs to be configured for the mode you fly. i.e. Mode 1 or Mode 2. (Thats why the throttle is on the wrong side for you) You also need to calibrate the sticks in the system menu.

If you are not an Advanced Smart radio programmer I would suggest going back to Devention FW.

Also you need to advise what Quad you are taking about, I am assuming the 350 Pro. Given the file name of the param file.

Mission Planner is not compatible with the Devo M FC for most functions. This is why your test motors will not work.

You also cannot use the current Mission Planner to update Save and Restore. You need an older version that was available at the time of your drones release.

There is a copy of the correct vintage in our resources section. Use this one.

Mission Planer ( Diagnostic Use Only)

If you advise why you upgraded to Dev M FC to 1.7 was something broken? The Devo M is used in a couple of Walker Drones. Versions I believe are model specific.

I don't have a X350 Pro Quad so I can't provide you with a backup FW or Param file.

Good luck.

Try what I have highlighted and attempt to set the param file again with the copy of Mission Planner that I linked.

Let us know how you go.

Cheers Brian

3. Matebela10

Matebela10 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for your response. I appreciate it!

"Firstly I assume you are talking about upgrading the Devo 10 to Deviation 5.0? Your .ini file would indicate that."
    Yes I meant to write Deviation 5.0. That was either spell checker or the Scotch :). Followed this manual.
    I definitely understand how powerful and complex the software is, and I definitely do not have the expertise to create or re-create my configuration from scratch.

"Where did you get the model.ini?"
    I downloaded it from a forum. Basically, days of google searches and "learning" on the fly. Breaking maybe more applicable :(

"I would suggest going back to Devention FW"
    Where would I get that? I thought 5.0 was an upgrade to my 0.6?

This is the QR 350 PRO with Devo 10, running 5.0. It has the Devo M running 1.7. The receiver is RX703.

I was not aware of Mission Planner "limitations". I will use your link. Thank you!

"If you advise why you upgraded to Dev M FC to 1.7 was something broken?"

Right. So I bought this drone in 2016. Flew it a couple of times. Crashed it once. Needed new GPS unit and new compass. Replaced both. Flew it some more. Found out about Mission Planner, and plugged it in and from that point on the GPS right led has not lit up, nor blink. So I put the drone away and walked away in 2016.

I picked it back up last month, and decided the best thing to do was to upgrade all firmware and have her fly. I made no backups, downloaded param, ini and firmware files from forums/sites (even the one written in German) and she is back in the box. I messed up. But you learn by making mistakes. At least that is what I tell my kids.

So from what it sounds like, I probably should go back to Walkera 1.0? I think I'm fine keeping 5.0? Still need a good source of the model to load into my Devo10 TX, that recognizes that throttle is on the right and the parameters to load into my QUAD. I guess, then I can diagnose the GPS issue. I'm basically stuck. And it's all my fault!

4. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +554 / 16
    We should be able to get you operational again.

Firstly update the radio to Correct Devention version.

Here is the latest FW for the Devo 10 0.8 A and B. You need to use A if you're in an FCC country and B if you are in Europe.

You will need to Update the FW, then the Library. You will need to install Dfuse to load the FW. FW attached.

SW: Devo Dfuse USB Updating Software.

I don't have a copy of the correct model.bin file for a 350 Pro. So you will need to program the Radio from the user manual of the radio and then 350 Pro Quick start guide.

Manual: Devention 10

I don't have a copy of the quick start guide. You should have gotten it with the model.

I will search around and see if I can find the correct MP model config 350Pro.param file so you can fix your Devo M with MP.

If I can find it the only thing I can do is give you my 350 Premium .param file. You could use that as a base and retune your PIDS.

Let me know how you go with fixing your radio.

Cheers Brian

Attached Files: