Purpose of 5V port, and how to install servo?

Discussion in 'Walkera Runner 250 Pro' started by geyes30, Jun 12, 2018.

1. geyes30

geyes30 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi guys,

I would like to install a small servo for tilting the camera on the 250pro. Does anyone know how one might go about this? Is the 5V port a PWM port? I know the old Runner(R) board had PWM pins that could be accessed from the bottom. Have these been done away with on the Pro?

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +456 / 14
    you would need to change the RX and connect Servo directly to RX.

3. geyes30

geyes30 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So, in the original configuration, the Runner Pro has no way to attach an additional servo? I wonder what the SBUS/PPM and 5V ports are for, then.

4. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +456 / 14
    The S-Bus/ PPM and +5V is to allow the connection of an S-Bus / PPM alternate RX. to drive the flight controller. The +5v is power to power the alternate RX.

As I said if you install a separate RX use the PPM and +5V to connect to the FC you can then feed a PWM Servo from an additional connector off the RX.

But only if the RX supports dual PWM and PPM simultaneous output. Channels 1-8 need to be PPM off the single cable and the servo needs to be on a channel in the 9-16 range. If you use a 16 Channel RX with dual output that an be configured that way. The RXs for the H500 Tali and Scout X4 would do the job. Albeit a bit large for a 250. and they support only 12 channels. But you only need 8.

Cheers.

P.s. The old 250 had PWM connectors for inputs to the FC not outputs from either the FC or RX. They were there to support an alternate RX. You had to remove the on board RX for this to work.