Please Help!!! Abt App for Walkera Aibao

Discussion in 'Walkera Aibao' started by calvinlo, Oct 17, 2016.

1. calvinlo

calvinlo New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Just received my Aibao a few days ago from Hobbywow and tested it out today. From the Walkera website, I understand that you can choose 4 different video sizes - 4k, 2.7k, 1080p and 720p. I was also told that stabilized video is available at 1080p and 720p.

However, when I flew the drone with the app 'Walkera Drone', the app only allowed me to choose either 4k or 2.7k. 1080o and 720p is not available. See below:
    [​IMG]

Can anyone tell me how to switch to 1080p or 720p?

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +276 / 9
    There is a new version of the app available in the App store. It does have some bug fixes.

I expect that it will be buggy for some time as everything is new on this drone.

3. fa_jack

fa_jack New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all, I receive yesterday my new aibao :) ..... I have a problem, i don't see it into my wifi list (samsung S5 )....do you have some suggestion?

4. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +276 / 9
    Did you have to have the model and the transmitter on and bound.

5. fa_jack

fa_jack New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    tahncks for your answer, the model is walkera aibao, into the manual i can't active the wifi on the drone.

6. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +276 / 9
    Yes I have one. I bind the radio and the Aibao first then go to settings and set the wifi connection then start the app.

But I have an iPad mini that I am using not an Android. I do have an Android I use for Walkera GCS. I will try and connect to the Aibao with the Android app and help you. It will take a couple of days as I have other things to do at the moment.

Cheers

7. calvinlo

calvinlo New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Can someone please confirm with Walkera whether Aibao actually have stabilized video at 1080p and 720p or not? I keep hearing contradicting statements that Aibao does not have EIS at all regardless of the video size.

8. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +276 / 9
    Can you provide links to the controversy.

9. calvinlo

calvinlo New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Walkera website said that Aibao enables us to have "stabilized high quality photography and aerial footage on your mobile device"

But...Here's the link where the youtube reviewer SEEM to said that Walkera did not implement video stabilization for aibao.

I was a bit confused because instead of saying 'Aibao does not have video stabilization YET...', he just said 'Its a shame that they didn't implement video stabilization...' at around 4:40 without qualifying his statement. I tried to clarify with the reviewer what he actually meant, but the answer that he gave did not help to clarify at all.

If you can help me to clarify this info from Walkera, I will be very thankful. Currently, I'm planning to bring AIbao to Hong Kong for holiday next January. If there's video stabilization by then, I will bring it instead of my Xiro Xplorer, which I feel is a bit too big to carry along.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  10. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +276 / 9
    Yes he makes a lot of mistakes in his presentation Like Aileron mixing. Its just the GPS stabilisation holding it in place.

At 4K it does not have enough "overview" to apply video stabilisation. I tested mine today and there is none at 4K.

I am yet to test the lower resolutions yet, they may provide stabilisation. Remember that stabilisation on a fixed position camera is done by stabilising the video image selectively cropping a video image that is smaller than the overall max camera resolution. I am still experimenting with settings on the application. The drone app looks generic and not specific to the Aibao. The battery status looks like it needs to be adjusted for the Aibao.

He would have done a lot better if he actually read the manual before he did the video.

I bought the 4 battery pack upgrade from Walkera and am testing the batteries. They have High Performance battery written on them but clarifies them as 7.6 V nominal.

At 7.8V it shows battery status as Full. Hence I suspect the app is not correctly adjusted.

They may be LiHV batteries as I created a 5 male to single male charge lead. So I can charge all 5 batteries at once.

And connect a LiPo checker. The lipo checker says that the batteries on the supplied charger charges them to 4.3 V per cell. So either they are LiHvs or the charger is overcharging.

Here is my custom charge cable.

IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

Cheers Brian

• Like Like x 1