Pitch curve Help?

Discussion in 'Walkera Devention Radios' started by jamesskelly, Nov 10, 2016.

1. jamesskelly

jamesskelly New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a V450 Do3 and a Devo7 radio that I dont understand how to program pitch curves in and my 450 is way too collective sensitive for my tastes. Unfortunately, even though I have been flying Heli's since 1973, I just can't understand the instructions on changing the pitch curves enough on the Devo 7 to tame the helicopters wild pitch curve settings. I need someone to tell me how to adjust the pitch curves on the radio. I dont really care that much about the wild 3D moves made today. loops and rolls and some occasional inverted stuff is all I am interested in.

If you can help me with this I would appreciate it if you respond to this post, and we can find a way to hook up and get me on track with this Devo 7.

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +351 / 13
    I will help you as I am a fellow V450D03 pilot I have 3 of them and 2 NEW V450D01s and a V450BD5 scale Bell 222 AirWolf.

Its going to be too hard to teach you pitch curves as you also need to adjust the throttle curves in conjunction.

What I will do is build a model config for you for the devo 7 I have 7 devo 7s now, but I fly the V450s off my 12S and F12 radios (The V450DO1s are the FPV versions.) I assume that you don't want to fly 3D but just have a relaxing time flying the Heli like in scale flight?

If you give me more info I can build what you want.

The are 2 downsides.
    • You will need to Buy a UP02 tool to update my model config when I create it
    • It will take a little time as I up up to my ears in other projects.
    Let me know how you want to fly. What characterises. etc. I can slow the whole heli down with dual rates and by reducing head speed.

Cheers

3. jamesskelly

jamesskelly New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am proficient at loops and rolls as it is set up, but I just need to soften the middle since there is very little differance at midstick between rise and fall of the machine. I mean like 1/8th of an inch of stick movement produces wild changes in altitude of the machine. My big problem is I can not relate the instructions to for the radio as to what steps I have to take to make the changes. If my switch is in position 1 I would like it to be soft, and in position 2 more agile but with a slightly larger window midstick, and leave position 3 the way it is for when I get comfortable with the positions of the helicopter with relation to the stick movements and quick responses.

4. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +351 / 13
    Have you made any personal changes to the model config? If you have, can you get the UP02 tool and upload your config and send it to me?

If it is standard can you tell me what the pitch curve value is at 50% there are 2 standard configs for the D03 one is slightly more aggressive than the other.

Did the Devo 7 come setup as part of a RTF package?

Do you want me to desensitise the hover point for both normal and 3D inverted flight? FMOD 1 2 and 3?

I can only apply 2 Pitch curves on a Devo 7 so always on would be a softer centre hover. Then in FMOD 2 and 3 it could either be standard or a soft or medium.

Cheers

5. jamesskelly

jamesskelly New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Heli, and the Radio were both purchased seperatly and I have not changed anything because I can not understand the flow chart provided with the Heli for programming the radio. It flies, but for me it is way too sensetive in the pitch (hover). I cant even tell you what the pitch values are because I cant understand the manual to read the values or what key processes need to be made to get the readings.

6. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +351 / 13
    Wow.

I don't know how you are flying it it would be a nightmare. Or why you have not burnt out your collective servos.

The Default pitch curve on the radio is from -100% to +100% that normally forces the swash plate up and down too far and binds the servos.

It should be from -15% to +55%.

When I am tuning the rods to level the swash I do a servo travel limit to 60% either way to prevent servo binding during the process.

Anyhow, the only way we can make this work is if you buy the Devo 7 UP02 tool.

I will upload the default configuration for the V450D03 configuration for a Devo 7.

You will need to use the UP02 Tool to load the config onto your radio.

Here is a Video on how to change model configs on an F12E. Its the same for the Devo 7 but you need the UP02 tool to get the USB to DSC port interface.

How To: Update FW and Save and Load Model Configurations from PC to Radio

Here is the UP02 Tool.

Walkera UP02 Software Adapter Update Tool with UP02 Upgrade Tool USB

Attached is the config file for you to load. And the UP02 Software. (Dfuse V2.3)

Cheers Brian.

Attached Files:

7. jamesskelly

jamesskelly New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just got my UP02 today, but I have absolutely no idea how to use it.

8. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +351 / 13
    Download this and install.

UP02 Tool For Devo 7 And Other FC / OSD updates

Open it and plug in your Devo 7 to a USB port with the UP02 Tool Cable inserted into the Devo 7 with the radio powered up in DFU mode.

DFU Mode - Power on radio while holding the Devo 7 EXT Button.

In the UP02 utility make sure you select the Config Tab. Not the Firmware Tab. FW is the default Tab.

In the file menu select the file you have downloaded from here.

Model Configs Devo 7: V450D03

Select a model number for your radio. The numbers are from 1 to x. This is where it will save the model config.

Select 2 So it does not overwrite your basic model config.

Select Download and it will load the config to model memory 2. Unplug everything.

When finished power on the Radio normally and go to Model Menu -> Select Model. and Select the new config.

Let me know how you go

Cheers Brian

9. jamesskelly

jamesskelly New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Brian, What is DFU mode and how do I get in it?

10. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +351 / 13
    You need to read more carefully.