PC / Dfuse doesn´t recognize the Devo F12E

Discussion in 'Walkera Devention Radios' started by MiMo, Sep 3, 2016.

1. MiMo

MiMo Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I have the latest Dfuse software installed and after i installed the version 1.5B of the Devo F12E firmware the transmitter is not recognized by the computer anymore, i have tried two different computers and two different USB cables and both the version 2.30 and 2.31 of the Dfuse.

I hold down the EXT button and turn on the transmitter, but nothing. I can't see the transmitter in Device manager either.

How do i enter the USB flash storage device mode on the Devo F12E? If it is by holding the ENT button down and then turn on the radio then that doesn't work either.

Can i install a driver manually so that the transmitter gets recognized? Or any other ideas would be appreciated.

2. MiMo

MiMo Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Very strange, the third USB cable seems to work.

3. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +266 / 9
    There is no such mode.

Glad you got it sorted out. Sometimes the USB cables that are poor quality don't work very well. The one shipped with the radio has a ferrite ring attached.

4. MiMo

MiMo Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yes i usually try another USB cable when things don't work, even though most often it is not the USB cable that is the problem. But in this instance i had already tried 2 different USB cables so i was sure it wasn't the problem.
    Well there i see that the cable can matter.

Anyway so there is no way of uploading model files through the computer ? So if i want to add a model file that i have gotten from the internet or from a friend how do i get it onto the transmitter?

Or is that done in "update mode" through the Dfuse ?

5. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +266 / 9
    You use dfuse if you get a config file as a PC file.

Or you just wirelessly transfer with your friend using the transfer files menu on the radio. You both need to be together to do this obviously.

And you can only copy between the same model radios. i.e. F12E to F12E or F7 to F7 you can't copy an F12E config to an F7 as an example.

The instruction on how to use dfuse is in this thread.

How To: Update FW and Save and Load Model Configurations from PC to Radio

Cheers

6. MiMo

MiMo Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I´m trying to download a model config file from the F12E to the computer, but in the Dfuse software there is only the option to upload to the transmitter from the computer.
    Have i missed something or is it not possible the other way around?

How can i otherwise save the model file outside of the transmitter so that when i change the transmitters firmware i can just load back the model file when I'm done with the FW upgrade?

EDIT: I´ve found the way to do it. You needed to go to the config tab in the Dfuse software and chose the model file number in the drop down menu and then hit the upload button.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 1