Off Topic Discussion from 250 Pro Forum.

Discussion in 'Walkera News and Site News' started by bjr981s, Feb 12, 2017.

1. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +411 / 13
    Chuck,

We have had Heat wave that lasted 3 - 4 days. Its gone now fortunately. It set a new record for this time of year.

Global warming is a big problem.

No bad news, a few issues to sort out but thats about normal for me.

Just put some $s down on a Align 700X Super Combo. I want to use it as a test bed for my 4 blade Scale Head and Tail rotors. Test them before I get my 700 Scale Jayhawk.

The Jayhawk is starting out Superscale but I am going to the nth with it. I love building scale.

tail_700_2.jpg 700_13.jpg JH700-2-e0393e7ae5.png HH60-1-9c8c999757.jpg HH60-2-748ebb7c8c.jpg HH60-3jpg-c94c186595.jpg
    Cheers Brian

Note exactly on topic. Just as well I'm a mod.:cool:

I will have to castigate myself. (look it up before anyone makes a funny remark.):p

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blackroadster

Blackroadster Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Glad to hear it! Same thing here, just a different day.
    I can appreciate a good eye for detail. That is going to be one beautiful chopper. I'm envious, but because of our current schedule, It would take me to long to finish anytime soon. Other then my first hand-line Cox Gold Bee, I've always built and modified every aircraft I owned other then Helicopters, that I just unbuilt & rebuilt , both nitro and electric the past few years. I thought the industry had gone to hxll when prebuilt and epo's came along, but it actually boosted the hobby for those out there that wanted in, but were not modelers in the field of construction. Monokote alone, use to scare people away if they had never built an air frame structured fuselage and covered it with paper and dope. I can't remember when our hobby had a larger or more diverse base. Hope I live long enough to have models with Warp Engines, haha.
    Have good one and Happy Flying if it cools down. Take care and keep up the good work.
    Chuck
    PS (Publisher) I think we all need castigation, especially myself, The evidence for thread off topic abuse on my part is overwhelming. Tell you what, I'll punish myself with a five minute time out! Lol

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Blackroadster

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Boxster?

4. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +411 / 13
    Yes 981S. 3.4L 333HP. Special Build from Factory. You can buy a new 911 for around $100K US in the US. This build was $250K US. Then I started adding lots more $s.:eek:

Anything inside that wasn't leather became either more leather (All the stitching in the car is deviated colour. Anything that the Porsche Factory would not do in deviated stitching I had redone in the US.) or hand made carbon Fibre from Germany.
    Everything outside that wasn't painted and black plastic was replaced with hand made carbon Fibre from Germany.
    (DB Carbon) Germany - Carbon Fibre.
    (Exclusive Options) US - Leather upgrades.

Told you I was OCD.:(

I have a thing about rag tops from Germany. :rolleyes:

Its reasonably famous in Porsche circles. The colour is Lime Gold aka Chartreuse. There was an article that Liberace would be proud to own this colour car.

Anyhow off topic yet again.

See if you an figure out how I got my Internet Handle / Identity.:D

IMG_1340.JPG

5. maxybear

maxybear Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    ahh rich fella

6. Blackroadster

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    NICE! You are clearly a man after my own heart. I have two garages & a rental unit with 3 Porsche's, 2 Saab Sonnet III's from the day with my daily driver a rag top Blk/blk turbo tweaked 2006 Pontiac Solstice the first of 4 years built before Pontiac folded 2010. I think your my newest best friend Ha ha. I had a BMW M3 in your color or very very close & have not seen another in that color in the US since. Sold it after spending a nice chunk of change making it mine. I actually got more $$ than I paid new, 2 years later with 36,574 on the odometer.
    Too bad I'm so poor now, and can't buy that McClaren or the GT40 without getting into my retirement account or selling one of my toys, not today. Have you seen the PAL V Flying Car? It's up your alley, it's a helicar not on the market yet, but taking orders @ 400,000. German Rotax powered. See how I came back on topic almost. Going now to set up my Tx for camera action. Thanks for rattling my memory Brian+initials+981S. Happy Driving! I meant Flying.

7. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +411 / 13
    Looks like we are cut from the same cloth and have the same issues.;)

GT40 would be sweet.

Cheers

8. maxybear

maxybear Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    What track is your car at in your profile pic and what were you doing there?

9. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +411 / 13
    Sydney Motorsport Park

Having fun and killing a set of Pirelli's

Im going to move all these posts to an off topic thread. :)

10. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +411 / 13
    :)

Sweet.