NOOB from Orlando.

Discussion in 'Introductions and Site Help' started by Wingryder, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Wingryder

Wingryder New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Greetings all. I am new to quadcopters and I wanted to gain some wisdom through this forum. Also because I have an F210 on the way from Amazon. I wanted to get into FPV and decided to jump in with both feet with an RTF rather than start with a Kit for my first REAL quad.

Backstory: I received a Proton micro drone back in January, as a belated Christmas gift. I thought it would be a piece of junk like those micro mall copters. To my surprise, it was actually pretty sophisticated and I ended up doing a bit of indoor flying with it... battery life is about 2 min, it was not removable, and that sucked... but it was too late for me.... I WAS ALREADY HOOKED!!!

About a week later, I ordered a SYMA X8HW to experiment with the wifi FPV... The quad was big and scary! And, I don't have to tell you how amazing WIFI video is for FPV! I decided to downgrade a bit and got a Syma X5hw... I love this quad! This is an excellent little flyer and I have flown it quite a bit. I have been working on coordinated turns but, find the FPV unusable, so I removed the camera altogether. Therefore I have logged 0 time flying FPV.... I have flown fixed wing sims for decades, so it's a weird paradigm shift in performance and capability for me.

Over the past few months, I have gotten fairly competent <<read: "Keeping them out of the trees">>... altitude hold has helped me tremendously to get used to the handling characteristics, so hopefully I can focus on my altitude with the F210.

I'm 3 months into this hobby and the 210 will be my 5th quadcopter, but my first serious quad. So, I would love for y'all to some of your wisdom and experience! I have lots of questions, and don't yet know what I don't know!

-WingRyder

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Wingryder

Wingryder New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Update from Orlando NOOB:

I recieved my F210 today... after pacing the floor, and savoring every moment, I took her for a spin. Googles will be here tomorrow...

I set the throttle to an exp curve so that I have a lot better low end finesse. I am humbled and impressed by this quad! One blip of the throttle and this thing is GONE. I survived flying through 2 batteries... but I have a LOT to learn!

3. Ericr

Ericr New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I am also in Orlando , good for you on 5th quad, I recently bought 4 rodeo 150s and 4 walkera F210 s
    to sell on ebay and amazon , first one was returned because the guy couldn't even bind it , I do DJI repair but these walkeras can be tricky. After getting the rodeo 150 working it took off and crashed (looks fine, hit grass luckily ) .
    Question do these walkera F210 and Rodeo 150 drones have the ability to Hoover like the phantom 3 drones do?
    What is the battery time on the f210?

4. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +411 / 13
    No they are not GPS drones. Hoover is a dam.:D Yes I hate autocorrupt as well. :confused: