NO WIFI SIGNAL

Discussion in 'Walkera Aibao' started by codeforge, Nov 17, 2016.

1. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +408 / 13
    Tuning Wifi for Android users.

Vous devrez utiliser google translate pour lire ce fil. Il s'agit de savoir comment régler votre signal wifi pour Vitas et Aibao. Ceci est un problème pour tous les sites non américains et les réglementations locales. La France semble être la plus difficile. Vous pouvez MP l'auteur de ce fil pour plus d'aide. Il est également de la France.

2. HenryTS

HenryTS New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hy everybody, Just signed up. glad and sad to see there is a forum about issues on the AIBAO. tell you my story now:
    I bought an AIBAO last week on amazon, received it on Wednesday, haven't been able to fly it since I received it. doesn't hook up to my tablet or to my smartphone , both Samsung android stuff, not top quality, but good average devices, not even old, as they are both less than 2 years. now, i have been able to check the wifi signals of both drone and remote control, I can see them only from my desktop, as the antenna wifi usb on it can get them. but there is not way for me to see the ground and air wifi channel on my tablet or on my phone. I am really twisted about returning it to amazon, while i am still within the first 7 days from the receipt of the item I bought. i am trying all kind of supports indicated worldwide for Walkera on their site….nothing yet, maybe too early. I also tried unabling possible blocks of wifi protection on the tablet, but nothing helped. checked on the web and it looks like this is a common problem for this model, seems it gets along better with apple devices than android of various types. I thought such company , producing professional drones over 25000 bucks and showing such support net around the planet would be warranty of assistance and quality. I hope so. in the meantime i am asking myself if:
    1) is it a matter of android version? does it need a newer one?
    2) is it a matter of Walkera plug in , requested to make it work?
    3) is it a matter of ability of the device, so I would need a bigger android device? or Apple? in this case I would return it to amazon without doubt, as if to fly a 350 € drone, I have to purchase a 700-800 € smartphone or tablet, with no indication anywhere on the web about this requirement, I don't wanna have it anymore
    4) if I am not wrong, there is more expensive package of this drone, that comes with a tablet in it already. by the pictures and videos it really looks like an Ipad. is it true? anyway, even if it isn't , would that tablet work well?

thanks in advance
    Henry

3. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +408 / 13
    Aibao uses 5.8Ghz wifi. Your tablet / Smart device must support 5.8Ghz as well as 2.4Ghz Wifi