No Video on F12E and rear landing skid does not move

Discussion in 'Walkera Voyager 3' started by gjinc, Dec 29, 2015.

1. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +557 / 16
    I see re reading you OP that your front gear is operating. And only the rear is stuck half way.

When my first Tali arrived I found that the servo for the gear got stuck stuck after its first operation. I was able to fix by removing the worm drive. Opening it up and freeing the mechanism.

Maybe yours is stuck the same way. The worm drives are pretty easy to replace. Maybe your seller will send you a new worm drive.

Cheers

2. gjinc

gjinc Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is what I know
    I tried turning the tx on first then the voyager 3. I try about 10 times, then i looked on the web.
    when I turn the voyager 3 on first, it will bind every time.
    I installed to camera gimbal and bonded the rx and tx the gear move when i flipped the switch.
    the rear gear stopped and will not move any more. the main gear goes up and down when i move the switch. I can unlock the motors and make them run, i can lock the motors. most of the time i can move the camera gimbal up and down and rotate it. It does have a bad shake some times.
    the devo f12e shows voyager 3 on the screen.

I used to fly radio control airplanes and i know why you should turn the tx on first.you are more than welcome to look at my voyager 3 and tell me what i am doing wrong.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  3. bjr981s

Ratings:
    +557 / 16
    The camera Gimbal may be shaking as it may not be able to auto-initialise due to the rear landing gear not giving a stable flat surface to initialise on.

I have not dismantled a Voyager rear worm drive. But if it is the same mechanism as the Tali, it has end point limiters that stop the movement once it reaches end Travel.

Sometimes these stop the movement in the opposite direction, so the drive stalls. I fixed mine but replaced it later.

4. bxmatus

bxmatus Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi, i agree with that 15 seconds "sync windows" .. on my voyager does not matter what i will turn on first but need to be in 15 seconds, then it bind without problem. If your gear servo stuck, replace it ... on scout X4 stuck servo could lead to lost control due to massive power spike or even fire on board ... and that internal mechanism on scout was really really stupid ... this was main reason why i did replace it with voygaer ...

5. bxmatus

bxmatus Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    btw i have ( not confirmed ) internal information that there is big mess in voyager firmware, they changing it little bit all the time and not putting on web, so there can be different voyagers with different firmware ...

6. bjr981s

Ratings:
    +557 / 16
    That is very interesting. Thanks for the heads up.

Are you also suggesting that their may be different versions of the Voyager firmware out in the wild, based on build date. Normally they don't bother to update the firmware and leave the original and have the end user do the update.

Cheers Brian

7. bxmatus

bxmatus Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yes, exactly, and it they doing same mess as were in Scout X4 there can be even different electronic components inside :).

Matus

8. bjr981s

Ratings:
    +557 / 16
    I saw that in the scouts I bought. The GPS sandwich had the Dual Glonass enabled GPS RX the BE 330 but only a single GPS antenna. They worked very badly. Worse than earlier models.

9. gjinc

gjinc Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    the rear servo is right above the video transmit antenna. Mine does have a burnt electrical smell

10. bjr981s

Ratings:
    +557 / 16
    replacements are $24 from Walkera.