No Video on F12E and rear landing skid does not move

Discussion in 'Walkera Voyager 3' started by gjinc, Dec 29, 2015.

1. gjinc

gjinc Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    HI, I got the voyager 3 and read through the books. I assembled it and binded the remote. I did the compass setup. I throttled up to see if the props spin and they do but I have no video on the screen. I checked the channels and they match. any idea what to look for?
    The rear skid seems to be half way up and does not move when the switch is flipped in either direction, main skids moves and camera mount also moves, Any ideas here or send the thing back?
    Thanks

2. bxmatus

bxmatus Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    do you have stock ( shitty ) camera or go pro ? do you see telemetry data ?

3. gjinc

gjinc Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got both, their camera and the mount for a gopro. I do not have a gro pro camera yet but plan on getting one in the future.

right now i am waiting on service, the rear landing skid does not move and still no video. smells like burnt
    electrical

4. bxmatus

bxmatus Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    hmm i was informed by walkera that their camera gimbal and go pro gimbal cannot be used at same time, gopro version of voyager is different then prototype version witch their "notevenfullHD" camera :)

5. gjinc

gjinc Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I never said i was using them at the same time. no place to mount a second gimbal.
    need to take their camera and gimbal off and install the go pro

6. bxmatus

bxmatus Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    sorry, i mean on same voyager type, not at the same time :) they told me that voyager need to be remade to support gopro gimbal, mechanic and electronic is different on normal voyager and gopro version ...

7. gjinc

gjinc Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    All I can tell you is i explained what I wanted, to use their camera for now and put a go pro on it when i get one. They sent me the drone and the go pro gimbal mount. Right now i have not yet flown it, can't get any warranty work done. I am getting ready to send everything back unless they can fix a broken drone out of the box.

Even the instructions are wrong, they say to turn the radio on first, then the voyager 3.
    It never will bind this way. I found a couple of video's showing out of the box and to turn the drone on first then the radio...that is the only way i got it to bind also

8. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +408 / 13
  9. gjinc

gjinc Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Glad it works for you
    I tried several times by turning the tx on first. I understand why but that did not work.
    i looked online and found 2 places that said on walkera's you need to turn on the rx first.
    this worked for them and for me. when i turn on the rx first it binds every time.
    but until they repair the landing gear problem it doesn't matter
    Don't know why they are taking so long

10. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +408 / 13
    Has your radio been configured to fly the Voyager?

The reason I ask is that the landing gear has to be programmed in the F12E for it to work.

The reason I commented on the TX on first is that I am on a one man mission to expose incorrect information on Walkera products on the net.

The realities are:

Nobody spends time on the net researching why their model works. Only when they have an issue. So you get more information on errors and anomalies that only effect a very small percentage of models that Walkera ship.

Some people then start posting that you have to do abnormal things to get your Walkera to work as they believe that the small percentage is all.

As I posted in the FAQ if you do turn the RX on first then you should also set Fixed ID. To not do so is dangerous. Those that advocate RX on first should be advising this also but I suspect that their knowledge is limited.

The bind window is only 15 seconds.

To Bind mine I have the Voyager battery slider switch turned to on first. You don't have time to do this after powering up the TX.

So then switch the TX on and immediately start the Voyager.