No luck in getting my Voyager 3 off the ground...

Discussion in 'Walkera Voyager 3' started by Texan1177, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Texan1177

Texan1177 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anyone know where to get an actual instruction manual that walks you through the quad setup and the DEVOF12E radio? I have had the unit for close to 50 days and am getting 0% help from Walkera on this. First we determined that the rear landing gear was a lemon and paid the $22 shipping to have a new one sent. Now, the unit will just intermittently respond to the the controls and the gimbal has never worked.

Frustrated beyond belief with this. Any suggestions or US sites to go to for help?

2. markcollett

markcollett New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have just put mine together and I have the very same problems. rear landing leg not deploying and the gimbal wont move up or down. the control unit has a very poor reception from the camera and I don't seem to be able to record any footage. Once again trying to find any way of getting info on how to rectify the problems are impossible. I now how you feel. this is very poor from Walkera. (not a happy chap from the UK.)

3. civilassassin

civilassassin New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you download mission planner. You can fix this issue by playing with the radio bands under the setup tab. This is how I fixed the gimbal retracting. As for the rear landing gear. It never has worked!! No fix as yet

4. jbouza09

jbouza09 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I kick myself for buying this drone. I have the same problem so I am removing the flimsy mechanical nightmare that is the current set up, permanently disabling the gear in the up position so the gimbal is all the way down and adding a real retractable gear set from DJI. I paid 55 USD for mine off ebay and they're on the way. Many hobby shops have them, I got the ones for the S550 because they're beffy enough. Will let ya'll know how it goes and post pictures. Now it will be more like the Voyager 4 gear. This will also fix the tendency to tip over after landing.

5. jbouza09

jbouza09 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone know why the controller buzzes?? I was flying getting used to how this thing flies in the manual mode, which by the way i am getting to like more and more, I noticed the battery was while I was hovering was flashing at between the 2nd and third lights, don't know it that had anything to do with it, or if it was when I pitched the nose down accelerating real fast and coming to a stop at about 100 yards and immediately coming back to me. Any ideas??

6. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +408 / 13
    Its called haptic feedback and is advising you that you have an alarm.

Check the battery alarm settings in the Devo F12E.

The alarm voltage is most likely not set correctly.

The manœuvre you describe would put significant load on the battery and will momentarily drop the main battery voltage.

Cheers Brian

Set the Alarm Voltage at 3.7V x number of Cells 8 = 29.6 Volts.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +408 / 13
    DJI don't make generic retracts. You must have bought a retract FOR a DJI.

Cheers

8. jbouza09

jbouza09 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can't wait to see them, coming all the way from China. I believe these are used on the bigger "Flamewheel" drones so the description said. Hoping to make it more steady and stable on takeoff and landings in windy environments.(where I live) not to mention trying to make it look cooler !! Lol

9. jbouza09

jbouza09 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info on the batteries, will look into it and verify or make the proper adjustments. The more I fly this thing the more I am starting to like and respect how powerful it is. I am still not a big fan of the radio though, maybe in time.

Joe

10. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +408 / 13
    I have flamewheels both the 450 and 550 hex. DJI don't make Retracts for these. I have thread party Retracts. Got them from HobbyKing.

The F12E Radio is OK (I have 5 of them) and reasonably powerful to program. You are not going to get a better one with an inbuilt FPV screen other than the Walkera F12 Radio And they are no longer produced. Here is a pic of the F12 radio. It is a full Graphical interface rather than the Text interface of the F12E.

IMG_1590.JPG

• Like Like x 1