No compass calibration possible!

Discussion in 'Walkera Furious 320' started by chiller_andi, Nov 8, 2018 at 11:24 AM.

1. chiller_andi

chiller_andi New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hi everyone,

I tried countless times to get into the calibration mode like manual and tutorials told me to. But the 320 does NOT switch to that mode. I am waiting for the bind, then the counts of gps sattelites, then I push both sticks inward to the middle. No fast blinking leds. I tried it with RUDD D/R (what the heck does that mean?) in position 0 as well as in position 1. No reaction anyhow.

I am desperate to get that thing calibrated, because it flew away without control two times now, and that is not fun at all! I did not calibrate it since I got it from 65 km away.

What am I doing wrong, or is there a possible damage to the compass? Usually it flies pretty good, when in loiter mode (the only mode I am flying it still). But sometimes it does pretty furious things to my blood pressure.

Thanks for any advice!

Greetz, andy

2. chiller_andi

chiller_andi New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    OK, the mission planer showed me, that the horizon is tilted to the left.That explaines the uncontrollable takeoff to the left I think. I opened my baby, and there it was. The flight controller was loose. Stupid me loosened it by trying to connect the usb cable. The front part of the foam is loose, only the back part is holding it, so it cam move pretty easy. I am not shure how to proceed now. if I press it down, it holds for a while, but I think I should try to glue it down somehow.

an Hour later..

managed to glue it to the mainboard again. now it seems to have a good grip.

But the compass calibration problem remains...

Any suggestions please?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018 at 3:28 PM
  3. chiller_andi

chiller_andi New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Well, it´s done.. crashed so hard against a house wall and then on hard ground.. First it flew quite good, then it was uncontrollable again. I switched to return to home mode, but it was like a wild horse gone mad..

Of course I tried to do the compass calibration again, but again without success.

I will do a damage report tomorrow, for now the picture tells it all.

I don´t know if I am going to repair the 320. Maybe I am going to buy another model. I would really like to fly this 320, it is so beautiful, it is almost a piece of art. But I need to know I am in control. There were people standing 10 meters from where the drone hit the wall!! Not to imagine, what could have happened!!

That´s it for now..

Attached Files:

4. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +436 / 14
    The calibration requires that the sticks be at their max movement.

If you have trim on the sticks and the sticks are not centred it will not activate calibration.

You should also calibrate the sticks on the radio.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  5. chiller_andi

chiller_andi New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hi bjr981s,

yes, I know. I begin switching to calibration mode with both sticks centered. Then I push them down completely at the same time and then inwards at the same time. Nothing.. Tried it dozends of times now..and the trim on the sticks is centered as well. throttle shows 0% when completely down trim is at center. It just won´t work.

the movement I make is from center point of both sticks

down
    inwards

complete movements.. Nothing..

Here is the damage report by the way..It was quite fun taking it apart. Very modular and easy to repair (Just the thingy with the arm-holders.. later more..)

-2 Motors have a dent, but are still running. Changing both of them.
    -2 Motor holders broke
    -One arm broke
    -The rear Gear-Box-Holder broke
    -The back axis twisted
    -Front LED broke
    -Of course all props finished
    -some minor damage to covers changing them all..

Thats pretty much it. All the electronics is still working, I am getting the telemetry data and the image on my goggles and I even powered it up at home and the motors are still running. Just broken plastic and the back axis mainly.. I am glad everything cost me less then I thought even with the new battery, which I replaced because of a dent. Don´t want to use that one again, it may lite up my babe in mid flight I believe..

the parts on the left of the first picture are the parts that took damage and are being replaced..

second pic is the bend axis. (How do I remove the intact arm-holders from the axis?? It is glued onto it I dont´want to damage them..)

third is obviously the damaged battery

thats all for now, more, when the parts arrive..

Cheers

Attached Files:

6. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +436 / 14
    Can you use the monitor menu in your Devo 10 to show the full movement of your sticks. When in the calibrate position.

Cheers

7. Junior Ellis

Junior Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Oh no sorry bro :( didi you want me to link you to the parts.

8. Junior Ellis

Junior Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0