No blue GPS status LED

Discussion in 'Walkera Voyager 3' started by M8A4X, Sep 29, 2019.

1. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +540 / 15
    Ok Can you check the orbit Switch and ensure it says +5.0 % and -100% when operated?

If it does not do that its not going to cause a GPS issue but will confuse the FC no end. :) you may have the orbit distance set to -100 metres.

Do you have the V3 Quick Start guide. Just in case you don't.

Voyager 3 F12E Quick Start Guide

There is no stabilise and alt hold modes.

There is Manual and GPS and Return home just as it says on the switch.

When you put it in GPS mode does it hold altitude and does it drift or not?

Do you have all the switches in the down position?

They must all be up before you arm the motors. It looks like you are asking it to orbit, go into IOC advance lock etc. All on start-up.

Can you check?

Or check if you have all the channels reversed?

Can you also save your Drone Settings again and send them to me?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  2. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +540 / 15
    Also can you update your profile with your location. It may be easier if I call you.

Cheers

3. M8A4X

M8A4X New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Brian,

thank you so much for your offer to help by phone! Do you have Skype or something else available as per phone I think it would be expensive as I am located in germany, and we have got quite a time shift ;) I can´t find the option here in the forum to update my location at the moment.

Regarding your questions I have attached the read-out parameters of my V3. The only difference you should see to your default parameters are my compass infos as I did the compass calibration like you suggested. The V3 quick start guide I do have available at my hands. Sorry for my wording regarding the flight modes, bad betaflight influence I guess... I meant "manual/GPS/Return Home" ;) The orbit switch shows on the Monitor menu a change between -100% / 0% / +5%.

When I power up the V3 on the F12E all switches are in "up/away from me" position (the labeling on my F12E on all switches indicate potition "0"). The sequence is: Power up the V3, wait for the first beeps of the V3, then power up The F12E, then activate the camera on the V3, then wait for complete boot of the V3, then wait for satellites shown on the F12E by the OSD from the V3, then wait for blue flashing led at the V3 battery (OSD showing about 11-14 satellites).

The weather did and still does not allow me to flight-test if any other mode than "manual" leads to a gps based flight mode, however I do absolutely not get a blue rear light flashing on two different batteries (as the indicator is part of the battery casing)... Tested on my balcony, good gps signal received and at the same time rain protected ;)

BUT another observation:
    Even on the (supposedly) working exchange mainboard including FC and Air Unit of the Groundstation there is something strange.
    I can connect to the GCS device via with the walkera GCS app, the bluetooth device for the groundstation establishes a link to my phone but when I open the app it very shortly after launch says something like that the connection could not be established. (there is an error message, but I can´t remember it right now)
    First I thought this was an android version not matching the app requirements issue but now I think the air unit is not able to connect/talk to the FC (so the problem would be on the aircraft side). And as you mentioned this could prohibit functionality of the FC as the air unit "overrules" the transmitter this caught my concern. I did re-seat the air unit on its connetor but can´t fully confirm that it is working correct.
    Could this be a point to start further investigation? I am willing to buy an exchange air unit, if available....

Cheers
    Max

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  4. ymro

ymro New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Max

It's probably irrelevant but I have the opposite value of aux7 . Try switching the switch Start/Stop Video Rec .

[​IMG]
    image upload

Igor

5. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +540 / 15
    I will break out my V3 again and do a comparison check.

Did you replace the main board yourself?

Does the battery have a dull red light all the time or does it go bright red?

The reason a ask is that there are 4 pads in the battery that connect to 4 pins in the drone. These provide the connection signalling to the LED display in the battery.

If these pins are not mating correctly (Pins bent etc) or the cable has not been connected from this connector to the mainboard the battery will not be able to signal the blue LEDS.

You would need to open up the drone and check that these connections go through from the connector pins to the mainboard.

So what does it do when you put the switch in the GPS position? Does it wander around or does it hold in the same place? Maybe it works correctly but you don't get the blue flashes.

I have about 16 hours of free international calls on my phone plan per month and also have Skype for Business. Timing does make it a bit more difficult.

Cheers Brian

6. M8A4X

M8A4X New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @Igor: I did not recognize til now that it is you, sorry. And I will check it, but we had 3 days of rain and it still is raining...

@Brian: Yeah, about 11hours difference, I hope you sleep well at this time. Lets see how far we get by the forum. But thank you so much for the offer!

I did replace the mainboard by myself, Igor (ymro) sent me his mainboard.

I have a dull red light showing after the bright red led stops flashing when the bootup sequence is done. After that the bright one lights up when armed (solid) or when in compas calibration mode (flashing).
    The 4 pins you mentioned are not bent, and their springloaded tips work fine. I will do a continuity test from the solder points of the pims to the battery board.

A flight test was not possible until now due to the weather. 3 days of rain and more to come. But as soon as I get 20minutes without rain (and this pesky other thing called "work") I will test it.

Cheers
    Max

7. ymro

ymro New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This can be tried at home. No need to fly.

8. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +540 / 15
    Ah, work. Yes very pesky.

9. M8A4X

M8A4X New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Brian and Igor,

I was able to try your suggestions.

The Aux 7 -/+100 seemingly did not change something.

BUT the drone DEFINITLY does hold position when in "GPS" mode acc. to the switch labeling on the TX.
    We have pretty strong winds at the moment and after takeoff in Manual mode (nose facing wind) I had to do some severe stick inputs to keep it in place. When switched to GPS mode it held its position with no stick inputs at all and only wandered arround a little bit (about 1m-2m) but came back to its position where it was switched to GPS mode.

Still in this GPS mode I turned it by 90 degrees so its side was facing the wind and it still held position.

I did not try RTH as my takeoff area is to confined for automatic landing but I will test it in a more open space.

I tried to do a continuity test on the GPS springloaded pin to the battery pcb but the measurement points are hard to get to.
    I will exchange my battery pcb to the ones Igor sent me, maybe I have two batteries with broken circuitry for the GPS led...

Will report back!

Thank you all so much for your help,
    Max

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  10. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +540 / 15
    Ok so we have it then GPS works fine, Its just a Mainboard to Connector issue that is not allowing the battery light to flash Blue.

Cheers