Newbie needs help, H500 tips forward on take off

Discussion in 'Walkera TALI H500' started by jpd1, Sep 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. jpd1

jpd1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As per title, thought I would get a H500 to play, had a nice day so went through set up including doing compass, have 3 blue flashing lights for GPS, but when i try to take off in either auto or manual mode it tips over, mainly forward.

I read the forum about start up but did not understand how to "correct with the elevator and aileron until its level"

I have done some minor damage to blades, but not sure how much damage they can take before replacement is required

Cheers

john

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +296 / 10
    Do not attempt to fly in GPS mode until you have mastered taking off and returning in Manual.

Did you start the calibration and finish before the lights stopped flashing?
    Was it on perfect level ground. If the ground was tilted backward when you calibrated it will try and tilt forward at takeoff.

Any damage to the blades like nicks or cuts require replacement.

Please read the instruction in the Tali H500 forum. I will move this thread to that forum for you.

FAQ: Tali H500 Getting Started. Read Before Your First Flight

This is the wrong kind of model for you to learn to fly.

Get one of these first to learn. It will cost less that replacement parts for the H500 that you will crash many times learning.

MJX X601H Air Pressure Altitude Hold WiFi FPV 480P CAM 2.4GHz / 4CH 6 Axis Gyro Hexacopter Headless Mode

Cheers Brian

3. jpd1

jpd1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Brian

Thanks for the reply

In the getting started thread, quote

Slowly throttle up till the model either lifts level or starts to roll or pitch. If it rolls or pitches hold the throttle and correct with the elevator and aileron until it is level. Give it a bit more throttle and it should lift reasonable level while you correct with aileron and elevator. (Rolling or Pitching after a good calibration generally means a CG issue or a motor ESC issue)

can you explain how to "correct with the elevator and aileron until it is level" also what does "CG issue or a motor ESC issue" mean and how do I determine if this is the case?

Thanks

4. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +296 / 10
    Have you flown before?

The Elevator controls forward / backward pitch.
    The Aileron controls left right / roll.

The instructions say. Raise the throttle if it does not start to lift level then apply A or E.

In your case as soon as it start to tilt forward stop moving the throttle up. Give a gentle (small amount) pull back on the elevator until it is level again. Then apply more throttle until it lifts level off the ground.

"CG issue or a motor ESC issue"

CG is Centre of Gravity means that the front or rear is too heavy. Like putting the camera gimbal on and attaching a too heavy camera.

Motor ESC issue could be one motor binding or a faulty ESC. To determine you need to ensure you have a good calibration. That the CG is correct (Take off Camera / Gimbal), that the props are not damaged, the motors all turn easily. Then takeoff and see what amount of elevator or aileron is required to keep a stable hover and determine the issue based on the flight performance.

Cheers Brian