New Tali newbee

Discussion in 'Walkera TALI H500' started by Sting, Nov 13, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Sting

Sting New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi I've just received my black Tali h500 a few days ago and had about 3 flights no problems so I have loaded firmeware 2.2 and it seem to fly a lot smoother, when I tried the circle mode it just pirouettes,I have tried to adjust Aux 3 and it makes no difference. I was wondering is this a firmeware 2.2 issue ,
    Cheers .

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +405 / 13
    I have upgraded my Tali to 2.2 but I have not tried the Orbit function on it yet. Next time I fly it I will try and let you know.

I have second new BNF one on its way. Got it in an eBay auction. I will test it before and after the 2.2 Update.

Cheers

3. DennisH

DennisH New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has the issues that were prominent in 2015 Tali's been corrected?

I am also thinking about buying one, but I have read many concerns about the Tali 500.

Thanks, Dennis

4. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +405 / 13
    Most of the issues relate to operator error. Its a model that needs some skill to fly. And reasonable understanding of the setup and maintenance.

I have seen videos of low level flips due to VRS (Vortex Ring State) but thats pretty normal for a large heavy Hexacopter.

Early models had ESC soldering Issues. The GPS is low quality.(Consistent With The date it was released. (They don't do HW updates over the model life. Its all as was originally built. This is why you don't see lots of FW updates. No compatibility issues in HW releases. They just fix early reported FW bugs. No feature updates.

The Retracts have a tendency to jam on low voltage and the burn out. A seperate fused BEC solves this problem. Adding connectors to the esc and motors helps reduce strain on Solder joints.

You can make it a great model if you put in the effort.

I have two spare bodies and HW sets to build a DJI A2 FC and tuned power set version. Will be fun but I have projects of higher priority.

Cheers