new owner of crashed voyager 3/tali, useful?

Discussion in 'Walkera Voyager 3' started by Merc4now, Jan 19, 2017.

Suggestions for the usefull parts of the voyager 3 and tali 500

1. sell used on ebay and maybe make money back

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. build a slow heavy lifting drone?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Merc4now

Merc4now New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey guys and girls,

I recently got into drones just before xmas 2016, with a knock off x5 syma then bout 2 real symas x5s for my sons, a blast cheap and fun. fly my friends x8 super slow..Of course when I go into something I go full bore and not always with the right research. Long story short I love building things mechanical and electronic but never got into r/c or anything unlit these drones. I search craigslist which is my firs mistake. Found a guy selling a tali 500 said it crashed and needs new gps module, and was selling with a devo12e really cheap figured worth a try I thought I read great things about the Devo12. I really want to get into fpv racing drones. So I thought hey pick up the scraps buy a 30 dollar gps module and have at it. Well he didn't mentioned he crashed it pretty bad until trying to make a meet time I guess he could tell I wasn't interested so he offered to throw in a just as busted voyager 3 (one motor almost certain is bad). both models have 2 batteries, and he offered to throw in a qx350, no batt, no tx, and then a tarantula with toy tx and a busted motor. sweet I thought, but now I'm learning I'm not sure I can use the motors for much or the control boards, for less then what it would cost to build a nice racing drone. any suggestions would be cool. it did come with two awesome aluminum cases. also quick question does the Devo12e normally look like a snow/static screen when not connected to video?

any ideals or suggestions on how to use the working parts? I also can't seem to find what software would communicate with it, as I've read clean flight (which I don't know how to use either) will not work with walkera. )

hope to learn a lot even if I wasted a little money, maybe sell the parts and start fresh but I don't like being locked in with the devo12e to only walkera.

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +394 / 13
    Yes. You can turn off the video feed from the radio setting so you can read the menu's without the snow.

Cheers

3. jbouza09

jbouza09 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What does all the buzzing on the radio mean ??

4. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +394 / 13
    Its haptic feedback. It an Alarm. It vibrates so in noisy environments you can feel the alarm rather than hear it.

So its an alarm from the Telemetry Control.

Check the Telemetry Alarm thresholds and you can find out what its telling you.

5. jbouza09

jbouza09 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am new to this drone and radio, how do you do that ??

6. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +394 / 13
    Download the F12E user manual and read the section on Telemetry.

• Like Like x 1