New owner and already in trouble...

Discussion in 'Walkera Rodeo 110' started by slumapas, May 9, 2017.

1. slumapas

slumapas New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all,

I just purchased the RTF Rodeo 110 with the Devo 7. I'm currently flying several BNF models and I wanted to keep using my Spektrum DX6e as my main TX. The external RX connection on the Rodeo sold me along with the size. So along with my purchase I obtained an Orange RX R617XL CPPM to connect directly to the Rodeo and hopefully fly with my DX6e. That's when everything started going downhill...

I bound my RX with my TX with no issues before I connected it to the quad. Then connected the Rodeo to my laptop and communicated via Cleanflight 1.2.4. Changed the RX to JR/Spectrum and selected RX PPM as the communication protocol and Spektrum 2048 as the type of connection. I opened up the U3 port for RX Serial and everything seemed to make sense to me. The quad kept beeping as if it wasn't bound. I messed with a couple of other settings: tried RX serial and the protocol, selected Spektrum 1028, etc, but the whole time the quad still beeped and beeped and beeped. (I apologize if my terminology isn't 100%.)

So I changed gears and decided to go back to the Devo 7. I reset the settings via the Setup tab and the quad would still beep and beep and beep. I finally have it bound to the Devo 7 by changing the protocol to RX PPM, but now the quad just flips over when launching...man I screwed something up. I tried to find out how the restore factory settings, but I don't have a restore button on my setup tab in Cleanflight.

So a couple of questions please:
    How do I restore normal flight functions?

Is it possible to use the Orange R617XL to fly the Rodeo and how?

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +411 / 13
    You cannot use Cleanflight 1.2.4 Only 1.2.0

Its in our resource section. You will need to download the FW and extract out the Settings text file and reload with CF 1.2.0

Cheers

3. slumapas

slumapas New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you! I will try it tonight when I get home and post an update. Do you think this version of Cleanflight will allow my external RX to work with the Rodeo or should I scrap the idea of running it with my Spektrum TX?

4. slumapas

slumapas New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So my quad now seems to fly fine with the Devo 7 remote. Thank you so much for the tip. Any thought on the Spektrum TX? Could it be my RX? Should I just go with a Spektrum RX to make sure it works? Or am I not following all the steps necessary?

5. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +411 / 13
    If you use cleanflight 1.2.0 and don't change any settings it should work with the PPM from the RX without changes.

6. slumapas

slumapas New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do I have to disable the Devo RX in any way at all? It just keeps beeping--wanting to bind to the Devo TX.

7. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +411 / 13
    You have to buy the External RX adapter and install it on the f210.

8. sstuff51

sstuff51 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am having the same issue as you whats the process to extract the settings file and so or better could u explain the steps you took plz and ty?

9. sstuff51

sstuff51 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am having the same issue as you whats the process to extract the settings file and so or better could u explain the steps you took plz and ty?

10. sstuff51

sstuff51 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0