New body and unplugged plug

Discussion in 'Walkera TALI H500' started by tyler-brown, Oct 28, 2016.

1. tyler-brown

tyler-brown New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey guys. owned my tali for a couple months now. love it, tons of fun to fly. except for the random times when I take off it decides to take off to the left ( which has caused me to break the body, in an emergency landing). well the new body has arrived, and while taking the body apart I noticed there was a plug just hanging. hoping one of you gurus might be able to shine some light on where it may go? thanks guys!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +405 / 13
    Can you trace the plug to the other end?

3. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +405 / 13
    I can't be 100% sure but I think this is the connector to go to the BT ground station module if you have one installed.

Cheers

4. tyler-brown

tyler-brown New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's coming from the "complex port" in a seven wire harness. Two of the white wires from that harness get turned into red and black and are soldered onto the main board. Another of the two white wires get turned into black and blue and run through what I'm assuming is amother little board with blue heat shrink over it which than comes out as red white and black wires and goes into auxiliary 7 into my radio controller ( I think, little black box that says devention rx705 on it) than a black wire from the original harness goes to auxiliary 6 and a red goes to aux 5 on the radio harness. which leaves me with one white wire with a plug on the end...just laying around haha. Thanks! Hopefully I made that clear enough...

5. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +405 / 13
    I looked at pictures of my own Grey Tali. (I took them when I upgraded my GPS module to Dual GPS ( - now I have a rock solid GPS lock and 14-15 sats in lock.) Its one without the BT module and I also have a single servo connector that is unplugged. If it goes to the Complex port then most likely it does go to the BT model and is a control from it to the gimbal.

I can confirm to you later when I upgrade my BT equipped Talis GPS module. That is scheduled for a few week out as I have read on FCGroups that a additional BEC is required to completely fix the retract issues.

I will be doing a write up and video for this site then like I did with my Scout upgrades.

Cheers

I have 3 Talis, A White with GCS, Carbon Black with GCS and Grey without GCS. Plus a complete parts set without the FC and have a DJI A2 Multirotor FC with Telemetry and OSD for a super tali project. (including a 3DH gimbal and i look HD plus camera. But I have about 60 projects lined up at the moment and struggle to get to them. Its just as well I am retired.;)

I would ignore that connector for the time being and I will eventually confirm its use.

Cheers

6. tyler-brown

tyler-brown New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey, wow, thanks for the response! time to get it together, check for some updates, recalibrate, and hopefully it flies normal and I put it all back together correctly !

7. Walkera_Lemons

Walkera_Lemons New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can confirm that the connector that is loose ,is normally not plugged into anything with a standard H500

8. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +405 / 13
    Thanks for the confirmation.

Cheers

9. apintuc

apintuc New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The white one is the ground connector for the gimbal, it's not necessary to plug it in.