Need F210 Help

Discussion in 'Walkera F210' started by RBHamric, Jun 23, 2016.

1. RBHamric

RBHamric New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi I am a Newbie to flying drones other than DJI Phantoms so I basically have little knowledge about all things related to Walkera and the F210. I have been trying to learn everything that I can but it is VERY frustrating trying to make sense of a manual that reads like Yoda on acid and Youtube tutorials that are in German. No joke: I am willing to pay someone to help me get through this learning curve! If you are willing to spend some time with me (an hour or so) on the phone I would be willing to PAY via paypal or buy you something (like drone parts and accessories) and mail it to your address). I can't get my Devo 7 to to arm the motors on my F210. It acts as if the (freshly charged, 3 of them) batteries do not have enough charge. I flew it a few times - took some minor crashes that I dont think have anything to do with the problem - After hours of frustration I have completely disassembled it and rebuilt it to be sure there were no broken parts - and indeed there are not (so clearly I have been trying everything I can to get this to work).
    There are no decent drone enthusiast stores in my city so I can't go to them for help. This thing is also wildly hard to control versus my DJI P4 - I need some pointers, I need to also know how to set this thing in a dialed down mode while I learn how to fly a drone that doesnt fly itself. Im not interested in a back & forth conversation via the forum as that will take days. I am already out of patients and just want real help.

I have updated the firmware via Cleanflight but to be honest I cant be sure I did that 100% correctly.

Someone please help - I will literally PAY you! I'm a very smart, tech savvy person but this learning curve does not have to be this steep if I could communicate with someone rather than try to figure out what someone meant to say in a manual that has been interpreted to English.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +226 / 9
    I can help you but I am in AU I don't know what time zone you are in.

PM me your details. Don't post them in a thread.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dawson.F210

Dawson.F210 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Any chance you could help me with this as well? I've noticed when I yaw left, the tail light is only about 50% brightness. It appears to be arming at the moment but curious how to get it back to normal. No crashes, just rough landings. I was adjusting the trim and then landed. Wouldn't arm afterwords. Tried the switches and trim tricks, nothing. Reset everything back to 0 and shut it off. Armed when restarting. Worried this may turn into a constant thing.

4. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +226 / 9
    From other threads it looks like the LEDs on these are easily damaged and slowly go dim and then fail.

YOU can try and replace with a new LED set.

Cheers

5. Dawson.F210

Dawson.F210 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are you saying that simply having a faulty led bar would cause it to not arm the motors? I'm not worried about the LEDS, just trying to fix the arming issue. And you had said you have an idea as how to fix it.

6. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +226 / 9
    You did not say that your arming was an issue.
    You can't arm the motors unless you have 0 trim.

If you want to leave trim in place then you need to adjust the rudder to +-120 end travel.

7. Nate78

Nate78 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Did you find out the problem ?

8. RBHamric

RBHamric New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I did resolve this problem. However, the camera stopped working. I tried to fix it but no luck. I ordered a new one.... I put that project on hold for a while... then along came the Mavic and now the Phantom 4 Pro... so my drone time has been spent elsewhere. I also feel like the Mavic Pro has "scratch the itch" to fly a racing drone and I have less interest in it. If there were other racing drone enthusiasts in my area I would probably get into a bit more...