MultiWii 2.4 for the Runner is here!

Discussion in 'Walkera Runner 250 Advanced / Modding Forum' started by cv_flyboy, May 25, 2016.

1. cv_flyboy

cv_flyboy Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    It is here for all of you hackers out there! MultWii 2.4 for the Walkera Runners! You can download it from a newly created GitHub repository free! That is right...Open Source as it was meant to be! Unfortunately, telemetry is still NOT working. Video is but you will not get any data on those FPV google screens.

GitHub - thogue95/MultiWii: Runner250_MultiWii_24

For those that need step by step instructions, I have written a book on it at a low price and put it on Amazon to get it out to the large number of people that will want MultiWii 2.4. If you are Kindle Unlimited, it is free as well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G3WZQ20

• Like Like x 2
  2. cv_flyboy

cv_flyboy Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    You can watch the journey here:

3. neilhand

neilhand New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Looking into upgrading my 250R using your instructions, and was wondering if your version has any of the FailsafeRTH enhancements that some people had been looking at on the multiwii 2.4 forum.

Having not had a chance to go through your code in detail, generally speaking how hard do you think it would be to pull in standard multiwii patches?

4. cv_flyboy

cv_flyboy Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I don't really like to think of it as my code which is why I put the source up on github. Someone else way better than me wrote MultiWii. All I did was figure out what pins went where on the Runners. The code is MultiWii 2.4 so it has all of the GPS functions still in tact. It is a simple port to MultiWii 2.4 so it has all of it's features. Now you can add a bluetooth and enter waypoints. One feature I found the best is the Acceleromter Trim. That sure is sweet to dial in the accelerometer for a nice stable flight. I had to remap pins in the MW code to map to the board. Through out the code I put a reference to walkera in the comments so you can see what I changed. For future patchs, you would want compare each file and check for differences. I have not proposed a MultiWii code merge yet as there would need to be a level of demand that got the MW team interested. Still too early.

5. neilhand

neilhand New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Looks like it may be time to bite the bullet and try then - not only to burn the code - but to figure out the GitHub insides.

Last big crash seems to have taken out the mainboard since it has intermittent connection from receiver to controller. This way I get an excuse to upgrade, and get to use your schematics to try to fix what will become my spare power board. I'll post here to let people know how it goes.

6. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +566 / 16
    Just try cleaning and reseating the ribbon cables on the RX and FC.

7. Taxus812

Taxus812 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So this is for the basic? I have an extra flight controller to burn. What are the improvements over 2.2 ?

8. cv_flyboy

cv_flyboy Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    It is for both the Basic and the Advanced Runners. First improvement you will find is a cure to the FOD problem. Second is that SOOO much more information is available on the web on the details of MultiWii 2.4 such as the being able to trim the accelerometer, using waypoints, connecting with bluetooth. Multiple PID profiles that can be selected with joystick commands.

9. FireBit

FireBit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,

I have fallowed your guide and I have 2.4 installed on my runner basic. I had to skip the step with EEprom eraser as it doesn't compile, I get below error. Any idea what's wrong?

Runner_EEProm_Eraser_ver_1.ino: In function 'void loop()':
    Runner_EEProm_Eraser_ver_1:64: error: 'class EEPROMClass' has no member named 'length'

I've installed 2.4 but I'm running into few problems with the quad. First, I've lost FMD and Mix switches from my radio, They no longer show in Multiwii gui when when switching them, and not working on the quad. It looks like switches with 3 potions are not working

Second, is with the min throttle. I've set arm to D/R switch so when I arm it, I can move throttle stick and motors are kicking in as normal. but when I flick throttle hold switch to hold position my motors starting much faster then 1150 and my quad fly away. My throttle hold is set to -20% so not sure why its spinning motors much faster.
    Previously I would arm the quad and flick throttle hold up and my motors would start spinning at 1150. How can I do it on this firmware? I've not made any changes to the firmware and configured the radio according to your book. Help would be very much appreciated.

10. cv_flyboy

cv_flyboy Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    We need to figure out why the EEPROM eraser is not compiling so we can get predictable results. I have sent you a private message so we can work through the issues.