multiwii 2.2

Discussion in 'Walkera Runner 250' started by Marciano31, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Marciano31

Marciano31 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Connected my runner 250 (R) easily to Multiwii. Noticed a few things while i was in there. playing with the mix switch and the fmod switch. no values change no matter what flight mode i was in. RTH, GPS, MANUAL,..all values remained constant. also in roll mode and angle the values stayed the same. no change whatsoever. only change in value occurred with my gear switch which controls the camera and video.

Another point I noticed is in Multiwii the compass in the bottom right was flashing with a green light around it and was reading GPS fix. i will attach a screenshot. If any 1 has seen this before and can confirm if it is normal behavior? i have been having GPS issues with the compass.

Runner keeps drifting, in most cases forward and to the right, not out of control it is easily controlled but a nice hover is virtually impossible without constant adjustments. did the calibration steps multiple times and compass was done properly.

sorry for all over the place with my thoughts. Any 1 else having these issues?

Attached Files:

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +492 / 15
    Cool you also use a Mac

The display is perfectly normal.

The settings are not meant to change when you use the switches.

Do not change settings with Multiwii. It is not compatible.

Your Runner is behaving normally the drift is normal in Manual mode.

In GPS mode it should hover without drifting. If it drifts you need to follow the procedure outlined here. This procedure was written for the Tali but is the same for all GPS based Walkera models.

Cheers

FAQ: Tali H500 Getting Started. Read Before Your First Flight

3. Marciano31

Marciano31 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thank you bjr I will follow those steps later today

So your a Mac guy also. Having issues downloading the firmware from the website. Which application are you using to open the file?

4. Marciano31

Marciano31 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Edit. When giving thorttle. The right rear motor and left front motor were showing 1150 and the left rear and right front were showing 1250. Will take a screenshot tomorrow. Should these number be the same ? The quads been drifting so I wonder if this has something to do with it. Also if they should all be identical does any 1 know how to change the setting. Keep in mind rudder aileron or pitch was not applied it was just throttle

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +492 / 15
    Its a RAR file. I use "Tiny Expander" or "Stuffit Expander" got from App store.

Those numbers are meaningless. The revs to the Props are controlled by the FC IMU in an attempt to level the model.

While the model is not exactly level with its calibration setting the motors will spin at different speeds as it attempts to level the model.

Cheers

6. Fastfred

Fastfred Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Which program is used for modifying the values of the (c) module firmware when using Windows computer? I'm interested in learning more about adjusting these peramiters and the effects.

Thanks

7. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +492 / 15
    Its a CC3D flight controller so CC3D management Software. I don't have a CC3D FC so I have not used a program for it. Try Googling CC3D.

8. Gajm

Gajm New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gday, I am trying to get my Walkera 250 Runner working again, its sat dead for a year or 2. I just got a new FC (but I think I grabbed the wrong one) for it but like the old one, can't get it to connect on Windows, I saw your post in:
    DRIVERS: FTDI Drivers for Windows for Multiwii and Flyconfig

and was hoping I could get a copy of the PDF on how to delete the drivers and replace them. Is there any way to tell what firmware is on these Flight controllers.

9. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +492 / 15
    Hi,

Not sure if an incorrect flight controller will power up correctly on a different mainboard. There are different pins numbers on the Rx flexible connectors. Not sure about the FC.

Can you advise what model runner it is Standard R Pro etc. And the FC that you ordered compared to the one you replaced.

Driver replacement depends on the Version of Windows you are running. There are different processes.

Basically you need to delete the current driver and ensure that the diaries are deleted. It should be an option in the Driver update in device management.

Then install the Drivers posted here.

The FC will not connect unless you have it installed correctly in the drone, and the drone powered up by its battery first and then insert the USB cable into the PC.

Cheers