iuasinc.com now redirects to ucdrone.com but...

Discussion in 'Walkera Help!' started by bls, Jul 15, 2016.

1. bls

bls New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    iuasinc.com now redirects to ucdrone.com. If you scroll all the way down on the ucdrone.com home page, you will find a hyperlink named "Firmware Updater" and clicking on the hyperlink takes you to this url "http://www.ucdrone.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=6". However, at that point, if you click on any of the hyperlinks on that page, then you get a page with a "http 404" error (page not found). This is because the hyperlinks are all still pointing to http://iusainc.com/content which apparently no longer exists. They need to update the urls to point to where the downloads currently exist on ucdrone.com. However, I can find no way to contact them as there is no email address, phone number, etc. on ucdrone.com, only a mailing address. If anyone has a phone number for them, please call them.

Barring this, has anyone downloaded all the firmware updates from the old iuasinc.com website? If so, can you make it available to others?

Thanks.

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +266 / 9
    Yes iUASinc is no more.

The ucdrone.com web site has been fixed now. You can access the downloads.

Hope everyone that was buying a X35 Premium of a Scout X4 got one one the discount deals before iUAS shutdown

Try again. The downloads work.

3. bls

bls New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks but whatever they did to fix the problem has apparently been undone. I've tried three different laptops, cleared the web browser cache and still getting a 404 as all the hyperlinks still point to iuasinc.com/content.

4. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +266 / 9
  5. bls

bls New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Brian, thanks for your help but it's still not working.

When I use the url you provided, all the hyperlink urls for the downloads still point to the iuasinc.com content directory which generates a 404 error. The only thing I can think of at this point is that my router is caching the web page and I'm still getting the old page. If in fact the router is caching the web page, then perhaps a reboot of the router will cause the router to reload a new copy of the web page.

You can see from the screenshot I've uploaded that currently the hyperlinks in the html for the web page still point to iuasinc.com/content. For example, the iLook+ entry points to "http://www.iuasinc.com/content/iLOOKplusv11.zip"

Can you please do me a favor?

If you use Internet Explorer or Edge, you can place your mouse cursor over any of the urls on the download page and you should see a small popup at the bottom left of your screen that shows the actual url the hyperlink points to. Once you done this, please jot down the address of the url and post it for me here. If I can simply figure out where the urls you see are pointing to, then I can work around the problem on my end.

Again, I appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

Ben

Attached Files:

6. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +266 / 9
    I use a Mac.

I can see you problem. Some of the links are indeed broken. I just tested the Release Notes links as I didn't want to do a full download. All the entries for release notes work.

They direct to an external site.

All the videos have been imported into the new site.

Looks like the File transfer by Http links are busted. I thi8nik they may be still importing directories from the old site. Or just haven't updated the links to local.

I tried a site search but I can't find the content directory. e.g. /content/runner250v1.0.zip

Cheers

7. bls

bls New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Brian,

Thanks for checking. I posted to a youtube video by diydrone about this problem yesterday as well. See the attached screenshot for the response/reply.

Unfortunately, the longer they delay trying to recover the files from the old server, the less probability of a successful recovery.

I'm not optimistic at this point...

Thanks.

Ben

Attached Files:

8. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +266 / 9
    Hmmm Interesting. I have some of that data maybe we can poll around all the members and reconstruct the downloads.

Also Voyager 4. I wonder if thats the Hex that was shown at NAB 2015

9. DIYdrone

DIYdrone New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    any specific file are you looking for?

10. bls

bls New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, sir. I bought a used F12E that has firmware version 1.3 on it and I'd like to update to version 1.5 so I need both the software to use to do the update and the firmware update itself.

Thanks.