Info about V450 and V500

Discussion in 'Walkera Helicopters' started by FIREchris007, Jun 19, 2016.

1. FIREchris007

FIREchris007 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,
    I have a couple of questions. You can buy a V450D01 and a V450D03 but what are the difference between those helicopters. I know the V03 is made out of plastic and cheap materials but has it an better stabilization? And does anyone know where I can buy a V500DO1? I really love that HeliCopter but I cant find it.

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +415 / 13
    Ah a fellow Helicopter Pilot.

The V450D01 has been discontinued and you can no longer buy. (last 6 months) the V500 over a year ago.

I bought one of the last ones available. I tried buying direct from Walkera but they held no stock and advised they would not produce any more. They suggested I search around their dealers.

I have 2 NEW V450D01 FPVs and 2 NEW V450D03s. Both New versions of these are 6 Axis Gyro and Accelerometer.

The parts difference is the frame being Carbon on the D01 and tough Plastic on the D03 also the D01 has CNC Swash, Rotor head and Blade holders. Plus Tail unit and tail blade Holders.

You can turn a V450D02 into a D01 by purchasing the appropriate replacement parts. All the other parts are identical.

I have bought the extreme Blue CNC Rotor head, main and tail blade grips and swash for one of my D02s. They are metal and look great. I tried to buy a second set for my alternate bird but a complete set is no longer available.

Now from my perspective the D02 flies as well as if not better than the D01. I assume because it is slightly lighter.

Both of them are brilliant 3D helis and stable enough for me to fly them in my kitchen.

Walkera have dropped production on a number of Helis.

As far as I can determine only the V450D02, V120D02S and the 4F200LM is still being manufactured. And some Master CP and Super CPs are still around. (Don't know if these 2 are still being manufactured)

Parts supply is good for the above and OK for other recent Models but parts are starting to dry up for some helis.

I had a production run done by Walkera for spares for my V450BD5 scale air wolf over a year ago. I have enough to build three from scratch except for the RX. I could not get them.

I have been attempting to mount a V450D01/D02 RX in the BD5 with some success. If all else fails it will get a DJI NAZA-H FC.

You will not be disappointed in the New V450D03 you can also dial down the Gyros for extreme 3D flight.

Cheers Brian

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  3. FIREchris007

FIREchris007 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow thank you for your great answer, but I have one more question. Wich one is the finest to fly? The V450D01 or the V450DO3? Because i'm thinking how heavier the HeliCopter how better to fly. But I don't know if I have this wrong.
    P.S. Sorry for my not so good English

4. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +415 / 13
    The lighter the more agile. But there is very little in it. I will weigh them both one day.

They are very much the same to fly. My favourite is the V450D02.

5. FIREchris007

FIREchris007 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And why is your favourite the V450D02? Does it also have stabilization

6. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +415 / 13
    Both use the same model 6 axis Flight Controller.

Why do some people like chocolate and others caramel. I can't explain why I just do.

7. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +415 / 13
  8. Blackroadster

Blackroadster Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Ah ha, I found heli talk! Old post, but I too like several like the G400, V450, Blades, Thunder Tigers ect...I have not flown either the Master or Super CP, but with 6 axis gyro along with a Sofisticated flight controller, it must be a Cadillac, and if you lose it, it will fly back home from well out of line of sight. There's some really hot heli's out there without all the old problems from the day. Nitro was killer but battery powered is more economical and a faster fix when you get to the field, more time in the air. BTW, never had to get an FAA certificate to fly a helicopter as high and closer than 5 miles to an airport either. In any case, love to see that beautiful bean footage of flying a Walkera V450 in your kitchen. Oh, hope the cats in the video. When I started flying copter's, add on gyro's cost almost 400.00 and you needed one cause it was just to damn hard to maintain a good heading or descent reliable stability. Factory acclaimed built in gyro's always sucked. Next, no FPV and no panic buttons and if you auto rotated you actually did it manualy. Now you can do all of the above with the throw of a switch on the Tx. Nice. My cousin is an A&P & helicopter pilot and we have seldom agreed on anything except our toys, which we both agree that early on, real heli's were almost easier to fly & hoover then the early R/C heli's. Now I would recommend kids 12 up to get mom and dad to foot for a guality smart heli. This trip down memory lane has left me yearning for another heli, good thing I'm going to be preoccupied with my new PRO for a few minutes. I will however take recommendations on a stand out helicopter for me to study and give myself time to come up without another good excuse for having more toys then my grandchildren! Ha ha Happy Flying!
    Chuck

9. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +415 / 13
    Hmm reread that post and I postfixed a 2 when it should have been 3. I should fix that.

My Walkera Heli Lineup now is. (I have been buying up what is left as they are no longer being built. Banggood have been selling them at a discount with another 10% off Coupon.

V450D01 FPV x 2
    V450D03 x 5
    V450BD5 x 1
    V400GPS x 4
    Master CP x 3
    4F200LM x 2
    V120D02S x 5
    Genius CP x 2
    Mini CP x 2
    Super CP x 2

So 28 all up.

Cheers

I picked up the 3 more V450D03s over the last 5 weeks hence the video I did.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Blackroadster

Blackroadster Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    I'm pretty impressed with the V450D03 after a guick read and of course your in house video upload. I'd like to know what you consider is a good price. I saw numerous NIB V450D03's on eBay very reasonably priced or at least what I consider reasonable, both with and w/o Tx. I have to tell you it was difficult for me not to go on a spending spree before consulting with an expert.
    I would love your opinion regarding wear item parts like Rotor blades main and tail along with any other wear items, like belts and head assembly, swash plate, linkage and main drive gear.
    How difficult will it be to get parts or are there still parts or after market parts? I guess I really want to know what parts to stock up on and what price range is the best deal. I tend to do as you do and keep plenty of extra stock with each toy, down to extra motors from your part of the World MMW for my brushed micro quads and lots of props!

As always, it is truly a pleasure conversing with such a knowledgeable pilot as yourself. I will check Banggood for there price & shipping, but can probably do better on the shipping here in the US.
    Brain please give me your thoughts on the above, I would love to have another quality copter provided I can keep it going without begging you to sell me spares. Ha ha. I look forward to your response and Happy Flying!
    Sincerely,
    Chuck
    PS Once, I flew my Cobra in the living room when I was doing some calibrations and I not only took out some window treatments but ruined my wife's favorite lamp shades her parents had for over 40 years. I'm now only aloud to fly my baby quads inside. Good thing I didn't get caught the time I hoovered my Nitro OS 60 tiger after replacing a fried motor while the Mrs was at a weekend seminar. The whole house smelled of nitromethane and my hard wood (laminated) floor was slick from a rich running new motor blowing unspent fuel in an eight foot circle. Don't try this at home! Better yet, don't get caught! Later Captain.