If you have the time....

Discussion in 'Walkera TALI H500' started by Grumpy1973, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Grumpy1973

Grumpy1973 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Let me try this: Well is anyone out there with the same setup I'm using (Tali H500 and Devo F12E and mission planner)? Still flying? If so can you tell what is the aircraft type I'm supposed to use? Or, how about the full parameter list? Cant believe there isn't any info for newbies who ROYALLY screw up......

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +411 / 13
    I'm happy to help but I don't understand your question. In what context do you mean what Aircraft type? If you are talking the Radio F12E it should be aeroplane.

I can send you the Original H500 Tali F12E config for the radio if you like.

You can try and reload the Walkera FW 2.2 using the correct tool. Not APM. And it may reset the parameters. I doubt it but its the first thing to try.

I will try and load a copy of the default parameters from one of my spare H500s.

Cheers

Stay away from Mission planner. It is not compatible with the Walkera APM Flight Controllers its partially compatible and only for the version that was released at the time of the H500, thats why it is so dangerous to use. You can change some basic stetting with it but you risk bricking the FC.

This is why Youtube advice is so dangerous. Everyone is happy to put up- videos but the don't remove them when the situation changes.

3. Grumpy1973

Grumpy1973 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    bjr981s,
    Thanks for your help.. Still not flying, uploaded V2 firmware and still cant unlock after compass calibration. Still trying to figure it out.....

4. Grumpy1973

Grumpy1973 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good news! It flies now! Bad news: it doesn't light up to do the pre-flight compass calibration. Also when in flight flipping on the GPS it veers to the north. Any suggestions? Oh I entered the V2 param thru Mission Planner that's how it got back in operation.

5. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +411 / 13
    The GPS / compass is not calibrated thats why it is veering north.

If you can't get the calibration to start, (With your F12E) make sure that all the trims are set to zero and change the endpoint on the Rudder channel from +-100 to +-120.

If that still does not work then the Compass can / will self learn.

Fly in manual mode only. Rotate the tali through 360 degrees slowly. (I do this by standing behind it and flying it in a big circle as I rotate on the spot.) Land and Power down.

Do this 3 times and then try GPS flight again. This should calibrate the compass but it wont calibrate the extremities of the accelerometers.

Cheers

6. Grumpy1973

Grumpy1973 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks! I'll give it a go and let you know.....