I bought this quad for my kid for Christmas

Discussion in 'Walkera Aibao' started by alexxx, Jan 5, 2017.

1. alexxx

alexxx New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    and so far all it does it constantly beeps and blinks the blue LEDs. What a failure. Never again.

Anyone had the same issue?

2. wugamlo

wugamlo New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    As far as I know this is the signal, that a compass calibration is required.
    Does it give you a message in the Walkera Drone App?

Try moving both stick down and to the center and after a few seconds you should be able to do the calibration dance.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  3. alexxx

alexxx New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for your response. I tried that a few times as this is the only thing I can find in this 5 page installation manual that came in the box. But it seemed that the controller was not connected to the drone and you need that to start the compass calibration. It turned out after a few hours of trying every possible combinations of buttons and switches, that you have to switch the drone on first wait like 15 seconds and then turn the controller on. If you keep your controller on all the time it just won't work and the drone will keep beeping. This should be the first thing Walkera puts in their manual using CAPITAL LETTERS on the first page.
    I hope that's not why we don't have Chinese cars here in US. They'd be great cars but the engine would start every other time. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

4. calvinlo

calvinlo New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Strange. That's not the case with me. Once I switched on the transmitter and let it stabilize for about 2 ~ 3 sec, I go ahead to switch on the drone, and it always binds within 5 beeps.

5. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +277 / 9
    I think you will find that this is the case for all 2.4 Ghz Radio control systems including those built in the US.

and: The radio needs to be tuned on First and then the drone. You cant stuff around doing this, the radio will timeout in about 15 seconds. You have to be quick.

The reason for this is the Drone will wait for a 2.4 Ghz radio to bind with it forever. Well maybe not forever, just till the battery runs flat. So if you are at a flying field where others are flying the next person to power on their compatible radio will bind to your drone and you can image what will happen next......

So you power on your radio first and that way the model will only bind to yours. In that very small bind window.

This is called an Autobind. The only way to prevent this is to set Fixed IDs between the Model and the Radio.

So if they did put your comment on the first page they would have many lawsuits.

Cheers

6. wugamlo

wugamlo New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    There should be stickers on your drone and the controller. Something like Air_134 and Ground_134.
    Can you check, if the numbers are matching?

When I got mine at first, the guy who got it for me had two sets - unpacked them and then mixed them up when repacking the boxes. So I ended up with non-matching Controller and Drone (different number on the sticker).

After we swapped them back, it worked fine.

Cheers,
    Joe

7. Triton

Triton New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello all

I just unpacked my new aibao and the controller links and i can fly it, but i can not get my ipad 2 mini to link. I looked at my controller and drone and the numbers do not match. Base is 1230 and Air is 1205. The video and link message is constant on the ipad when running the drone app.

8. wugamlo

wugamlo New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hi Triton,

what to you mean by "The video and link message is constant on the ipad when running the drone app."?

Can you see any live video? Or no connection at all?
    So you are connected to the Wifi of the Base 1230?

Cheers,
    Joe

9. Triton

Triton New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes i am connected on the wifi to the base.
    i have never seen live video or been able to use ipad control

10. wugamlo

wugamlo New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hmm...
    Sounds a little bit like the issues I had when I had the non-matching units.
    Any possibility to contact the seller about this? Or maybe approach Walkera directly?

Cheers
    Joe