How To: Repair a Devo 7 That Won't Turn Off

Discussion in 'Walkera Devention Radios' started by Sazabi, May 6, 2017.

1. Sazabi

Sazabi New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Had just the same problem with customers TX few days ago. Resistors were ok. There're 2 on input: 1W and 1/2W. 1W is ok, 1/2W had slight color deviation, but measured just as normal one. Tracing pcb leaded me to MOSFET just before power regulator. It's IRLML6402 (according to SMD marking 01AH). It is triggered by few pnp and npn transistors (one of those is controlled by power switch). Burning it makes it pass power all the time just like a short circuit. No further components can be affected, because after this mosfet is 78D05 regulator, which is way more powerful and can handle much more power.
    I've replaced it and TX works as it should.
    Also, if you don't have such tiny part, you can just solder a wire between regulator input and switch ON terminal. There're few pads to solder to. On the attached picture, faulty part is in red circle, and arrows denotes wire soldering. You won't see Power Off sign with such wiring, but it will turn off TX. I'm pretty sure such power off method won't affect IC, because it works this way in hundreds of electronics. Oh, and dont forget to remove faulty part.

Attached Files:

2. beesontoast

beesontoast New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    That's useful, thanks. I have a Devo 8 with the same fault. Were there any other symptoms? I ask as my unit appears to be dead apart from the ever-on red LED.