How does manual mode behave?

Discussion in 'Walkera QRX350/QRX 350 Pro/QRX 350 Premium' started by Kristjan, May 9, 2017.

1. Kristjan

Kristjan New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi.

I am new here on this forum but I have been flying 3D RC helis for some time and consider myself somewhat decent flyer, which basically means I can take off, fly and land without crashes :)

I have been thinking about trying out quadcopters and I am considering QRX350 Pro because I have other Walkera helicopters and that means I can very easily reuse my transmitters and buy the BNF version.

I have never flown a quadcopter before so I am curious about how "manual" mode works for QRX350. Is it like 3D flight for helicopters? or does it self level when you let go of the sticks? What happens if you keep on pressing forward in manual mode? Does it eventually flip over or is there maximum tilt?

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +411 / 13
    Its nothing like a 3D heli.

If you fly a collective pitch heli then you will have no problem flying a 350 pro. But you will find it boring. It is a flying camera platform and is acrobatically bland.

I would suggest a racing drone like the F210 or the F215. They will fly 3D.

Cheers

3. Kristjan

Kristjan New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yes I know it doesn't have the agility of a helicopter but that is Ok because I was planning on using it as a camera platform. I was just thinking how is the general handling of the x350. I use Phoenix RC simulator for practicing and there I can test the original DJI Phantom which handles just like a 3D helicopter where I can roll it (not sure how accurate that is in real life) and Blade 350QX which has a "safe mode" which doesn't allow rolls but it can be switched to "agile mode" which is 3D.

So really just wondering what "manual" mode means for the QRX350 Pro.

4. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +411 / 13
    For all of these types of Walkera GPS Camera drones. Manual is the equivalent to DJI Atti mode. Stabilised and just no GPS hold.

It does not have a manual mode like the DJI Phantom. The only Walkera GPS models that performs like this are the Furious 320 and the Runner 250 R.

5. Kristjan

Kristjan New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Ok I see now. All of this terminology "manual mode", "safe mode"..etc seems to mean completely different things between various manufacturers and models.