How do I get f210 to connect to beta or cleanflight?

Discussion in 'Walkera F210' started by Nameless Droner, May 7, 2018.

1. Nameless Droner

Nameless Droner New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I downloaded the latest versions of betaflight and cleanflight but when I connect it to my laptop and press connect , it says only cli commands are available only.

I’m not sure if I’m supposed to flash the fc or not. And if I do need to flash the fc I need a way to take screen shots of all my pids and setting. Or else I’m screwed if I flash the fc and have to put in all the numbers and settings my self.

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +429 / 13
    Do not attempt. Those Versions of Betaflight and Cleanflight are not compatible. You will brick your FC if you attempt to do anything.

You can only use this version of Cleanflight. But be warned any changes will have unpredictable results. This should only be used to update Walkera FW and the Parameter file included in the FW download package. Changing settings is not supported.

Why do you want to do this? It will only end in tears.

SW:CleanFlight version 1.2.0 F210, F150, F110 Compatible English

3. Nameless Droner

Nameless Droner New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks for the help. I just wanted to add a buzzer to a switch. And move to the switch my modes are on. ( mine came with angle and acro mode on the two position switch on the left side of the devo7 . Even tho it was advertised angle ,horizon , and acro on the mix switch. ) I won’t try to connect it any more.
    What are the benefits of up grading the firmware?
    I’ll know better than to buy anymore walkera quads in the future

4. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +429 / 13
    Why a Buzzer. The buzzer sounds when you switch of the TX if its lost.

Your Devo 7 is not programmed correctly. Reprogram it from the quick start guide.

Upgrading the FW will fix Bugs and other issues. Be careful that if you update the FW on the 210 to the latest version you will lose the Telemetry OSD until you upgrade the OSD. And that requires a UP02 tool.

Walkera RTF and BNF drone a good quality drones to Fly. If you want to play with your drone configs and experiment then you should buy a kit. Walkera drones spare parts are too expensive to be an experimental platform.

Cheers Brian