hold position switch function .. i don't understand it

Discussion in 'Walkera F210 3D' started by Dr.zoriel, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Dr.zoriel

Dr.zoriel New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hi everyone

Not sure if it's proper to post this here , but i'm still under training myself handling my f210 3d , and i found a video shown how to activate the hold throttle switch on the devo 7 .
    I did activateed it on 5% throttle .
    Still don't understand what is the benifit of switching this knob either on 5% or little bit higher ?

What i'm fliying and then engaging the switch on it the quad will fall down but the blades still will run depending on the setting i choose . If i switch the hold knob first before flying it will start the blades without any controling of the throttle stick .

Please anyone educate me here . Can it be used to make the training easy or it's just desing for the safety of the quad not to over speeding accidentally?

Thanks

2. Dr.zoriel

Dr.zoriel New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Ok .. i searched the web throughly and found that most of the posts about this topic says it's all about preventing accidental throttle move to higher position.

Now, what about if i set it up to about exactly hovering for example 27-30 % throttle?

This will make training much easier i guess ?

So when start the quad i just flip the switch to hold position in about that range and continue training and when i want it the land i turn the the trottle stick to about 10% then switch the hold switch off and control the quad from that point all the way down .

Anyone suggest anything or see any mistake here ?

3. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +436 / 14
    This would be done by advanced users not for training.

You can use it for 0 throttle as a kill switch while you are preparing your quad for flight, or your can use it as a hover switch.

4. Dr.zoriel

Dr.zoriel New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thanks Brian for offering the help always.

I treid the hold throttle switch and it wasn't as i thought . It also let you stick to one single throttle level , i felt that it will distroy any future improvements of skills as if you just being driving your car in the first gear for years !

Anyway i found a very very helpful video that. Shows how to alter the throttle curve in a way let the the biggners control the quad much much easier .
    I followed the instructions and changed the throttle curve as in the video , thd next day i even changed the curve points even more low to prevent the quad from elevting higher and guess what ? It turn so so easy to handel and to practice all the time .

By the time anyone could increaes the level of the throttle curve more linear as he or she feels gaining experience in controling the quad .

I strongly urge any newbe to alter the throttle curve of his f210 to a lower ponits .