Help please. Runner yaw uncontrollable

Discussion in 'Walkera Runner 250' started by SHR34D, Apr 2, 2016.

1. SHR34D

SHR34D New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi guys Ive been flying rtf quadcopters for about two years. Earlier this month I stepped up to a runner 250 basic 2 rtf racing copter. It really appeals to me. The easy changing no soldering fast paced fpv and it has lived up to expectations, if you forget about the stumbling blocks.

So I'm asking for help but I'll start from the beginning. I took my runner out the box banged in some battery's and props, it bound beautifully and armed, I hit the throttle ( little scared) pulled back and hit throttle again and bosh. Flip of death 30 seconds into first flight. This intern made the battery shoot forward and smash the video socket on the power board. ( something I've read has caught alot of you guys out.)

So I didn't let this get to me I went on regardless, learnt what caused the flip of death modded it and went out again line of sight. The flight was amazing but I had low battery indicated the whole time and this cause me to fly to long and have a few high altitude drop outs. This cause a few problems in turn losing signal from transmitter to copter and I then had a fly away, My days it got worse.

I retrieved my copter a few fields away gave it the once over and replaced some.more props and went to bind. So now it wouldn't bind I came to the conclusion a new power board or rx was needed, so I ordered both.

I then replaced them and got to putting the legs on and a few holes on the power board didn't quite line up on the legs how they should ( although it was an official walkera power board it seemed I shave smaller)

Any way undeterred out came the drill and a few zip ties hey presto were fully assembled and binding beautiful, so I here you say, your ready for flight.

Well I throttle up and go to do a 360 spin and the copter just wobbles and flips and basically has no Coordination. yet I checked all the devo7 settings and throttling up and down works fine. The other stick to pitch forward/backward/left/right works fine it's just the 360 yawwing action it goes mental and now I'm totally lost. So any sympathisers willing to lend me thier time for five minutes will be muchly appreciated. Thanks in advanced

2. SHR34D

SHR34D New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Walkera runner 250 Un responsive: here's a video to what's happening

3. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    Never fly a runner after the right LED starts to flash.

Land immediately.

4. SHR34D

SHR34D New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've corrected this issue now by taking the board back off. My intention was to put the old board back on but as I was removing the front wing plate I realised it was back to front so inturn I had the escs and props on the wrong side. School boy error but I've just been out and had a very successful flight until I pushed it and broke my final set of props so gotta wait till Tuesday thank you though

5. windmill

windmill Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I wish you a short recovery and hope you feel better soon!