HELP! FlyConfig Connection Problem

Discussion in 'Walkera Runner 250' started by Vuong Bui, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Vuong Bui

Vuong Bui New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey guys,
    I have a Walkera Runner 250 (not 250R or 250Advance or Pro) and I want to connect it to the FlyConfig v1.0. but I cannot connect them. Even my Win10 recognized the driver of main controller as Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge, but the FlyConfig still cannot connect with the Runner 250. Please instruct me to solve this problem!

The message from FLyConfig is here:

upload_2020-4-19_14-48-49.png

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +559 / 16
    Walkera chose to implement clone chip. The windows driver now detects the clone and turns off the connection.

You need to use old drivers.

This is documented in a Sticky in this forum.

I have posted for you here for your convenience.

Cheers

DRIVERS: FTDI Drivers for Windows for Multiwii and Flyconfig

3. Vuong Bui

Vuong Bui New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for your help bjr981s, however, the problem is still existing. I can connect my runner 250 ( I guess it is standard ) with both Multiwii 2.2 and 2.4. The original problem is that I was using Multiwii 2.2 to upgrade the firmware of the FC and that firmware is for Runner 250 Advance. I have found the 1.0 firmware which is compatible with Multiwii 2.4 (file.mwi) and write it to my runner but it doesn't work (can not binding with DEVO 7 and beep beep all the time). Does anyone have the 1.0 firmware that compatible with Multiwii 2.2 ?

4. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +559 / 16
    Ahh thats a totally different situation.

You have bricked your FC. You cant use Multiwii any version to burn FW. It's not compatible. You can Use MultiWii to change PIDS and "some" switch settings but it must be Done with the Walkera compatible version.

You will need to use the "short pins out and apply battery process" to re enable the FW basic boot Loader and then install the correct FW and settings.

Search for Unbrick FC thread in the Runner 250 Forum.
    And upgrade Standard to R thread.

You also must use the correct FW version.

Remember never burn FW before you make a backup of your setting.

Once you re-enable the boot-loader.

Read and use these files.

Runner 250 Advance Firmware

I don't have a copy of the Runner Standard FW available on this site.

Even so, the settings have been lost as you did not back them up before you did the FW update.

I have run the (R) FW on a standard but I did add a GPS. You cant use GPS flight until you install a barometer in the FC.

Can I ask why you did the update, was there a problem?

Cheers Brian

5. Vuong Bui

Vuong Bui New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, I am very new with the drone and I am using it for my project. The problem is that this runner 250 is not stable, I just control it to lift up with DEVO 7 but it tends to move forward even I adjust the center gravity. From that problem, I guess that I need to upgrade the firmware and now I get stuck on it.

6. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +559 / 16
    I see. The Runner 250 Standard is not a GPS based drone. It requires constant attention. There are 2 bumps on the top frame.

These bumps are there to balance the CG. You hold the drone between thump and forefinger at these bumps.

Follow the instructions precisely in the FW download file I linked, once you fix the boot loader.

I will go searching for 250 Standard FW and settings. But don't wait on it I might never find them.

The 250 is not a beginners drone. Something like the DJI/Ryze tech Tello is a better proposition. I taught my 7 Year old Granddaughter to fly on one of those and now she is an Ace. :) It has optiflow technology so will hover precisely in place.

Tello – Drone & Accessories – DJI Store

Good luck with your project

Cheers Brian

7. Vuong Bui

Vuong Bui New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dear Brian,
    I am so grateful for your help. I am now following the instruction to solve this trouble. The instruction as the link below is not exactly for my runner 250, it is for the walkera F210, however, my runner 250 also uses the same main controller as the walkera F210. The firmware of 250(R) you sent is the same with the one I upgraded to my runner 250, which caused this problem (maybe I misunderstood about the firmware 250 advance as above conversation). I have the 1.0 firmware version in .bin file and I will use it. I will tell you the result later.

Many thanks!
    Vuong.
    Here is the link I mentioned.
    How To Fix A Bricked Walkera F210/F210 3D Flight Controller (FC) | DroningON - Drone Leaks, News & Reviews

8. rikantro

rikantro New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    HI, I have the issue connection with the walkera 250r. I installed the old drivers, and didn't work.
    I'm using windows 7. I want to replace/update the firmware cuz the walkera it's too fast for me.

9. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +559 / 16
    Updating the FW will not effect the performance of the 250R.

You should configure dual rates in the radio to desensitise the controls. You can also add Expo to the aileron and elevator channels.

10. rikantro

rikantro New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My radio appears that doesn't have the the dual rates options, I only found the travel adjust settings, and I change the values, eg throttle from 100% to 150% and the control is now better, but I really want that the runner 250r goes slow, I mean the motors spin too fast.

I'm a newbie, so I don't know where can I configure the "expo" for the aileron and elevator channels.
    I have the devo f12e binded to runner 250r

and I found a subtrim section in the manual

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 14, 2020