Hello from the Great White North!

Discussion in 'Introductions and Site Help' started by Rockwerx, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Rockwerx

Rockwerx New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello Walkera quadcopter fans! First off a big thank you to the members as I have learned a lot from reading many posts!
    Since Christmas my wife and I have been practicing flying around the house this winter with some tiny quadcopters. I finally got some prop guards for our 110 Rodeo so I installed them and tried flying it for the first time. It linked up perfect and flew great. I was very happy that it flew so precisely as I was used to the toy copters. Now we need more batteries!

I have a Runner 250 as well. I won't be flying this in the house as I am sure I would destroy things as well as the quad. lol

One thing that bothers me is the extremely poor cameras in both of our Walkera quadcopters. I really do not understand how the manufacturer expects one to fly FPV with such poor cameras. My question is what cameras should I install to improve the video signal? I am leaning towards a Runcam Split 2 for the Runner as it has a DVR function and has had many positive reviews. I am not so sure what to try on the Rodeo 110 as there is not a lot of space to fit things. I have not found anything plug and play. I don't mind fabricating a bit but I would like to keep some of the nice features like the red front camera cover. I would appreciate any advice for camera options that work.

2. dascrow

dascrow Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Welcome to the forum from Texas!

• Like Like x 1
  3. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +436 / 14
    You will find that it is not the quality of the Cameras that are the issue but the capability of the 5.8 Ghz analogue (yes thats correct analogue) transmission system

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rockwerx

Rockwerx New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for your post about the cameras and the transmitters! I will probably just tough it out and learn with what I have but do you recommend any video transmitters to retrofit my quads?

When I was testing them in the house one night there was not a lot of light. To be fair, I was a lot happier with the camera views when I tested during the day.

Flying FPV might have to wait till I can fly outside once spring arrives. I built a tiny whoop in my efforts to learn FPV flying but the little drones are a bit "flighty" and I am not used to the wide angle lens that is on my little camera. I find it hard to judge how close the copter is to the walls! lol I need more flight time for sure!