Heavy mod project for 320 GPS version.

Discussion in 'Furious 320 Advanced / Modding Forum' started by Kosta, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Kosta

Kosta Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0
    I found that if you change servo wire from it's original spot to next slot you get way more tilt to propellers. I say at least double the movement of props now.
    I did quick test flight and i didn't notice any issues except it is now flying more straight as props are now leaning more forwards.
    New location is in picture:
    20170422_145757.jpg

Changed original camera (not recording) into better 800TVL CCD adjustable camera. Now i can get better picture quality.
    Re-worked my camera tilt mod to new camera. it is more precise and no more ziptie used on it. Now it moves totally same time as motors are tilting and camera is always pointing pretty straight and i can actually see where im flying to. 20170422_145948.jpg
    Also i modified parameters with flyconfig.

- FS_BATT_ENABLE to 0. Removes autolanding on low voltage, so it wont land on low voltage alarm now. I use goggles and i can see from OSD when it is time to land, This is for
    avoiding accidentally landing into trees, bushes etc.

- THR_MAX from 800 to 1000 and now it gives full throttle, instead of 80%

- RTL_ALT from 1500 (15 meters) to 3500(35 meters) to avoid trees etc in my area in case of RTL activates for some reason.

- BATT_CAPACITY from 3300 to 2600, i dont know why it is 3300 in config as we use 2600mAh batterys. Maybe this is tied into FS_BATT_MAH (Battery capacity remaining to trigger
    failsafe. Set to 0 to disable battery remaining failsafe. If the battery remaining drops
    below this level then the copter will RTL) But it is set as 0 on default so it is not
    monitoring battery capacity now.

My future plans is to remove all Walkera stuff from quad, OSD,FC,GPS,ESC's,receiver and replace them with X-Racer v3.1 FC (Betaflight),FRSKY receiver (i have Taranis X9D plus radio), 30Amp esc's with Dshot, Piggyosd and maybe Runcam Eagle FPV camera.
    With this i hope to gain more stability and more precise control. Even this is 1kg heavy, those much more newer parts should work much more better.

I want to add that these mods are changing behavior of your quad and if you plan to make these mods it will break warranty and can cause some not wanted behavior, even it works for me.
    Also if you plan to modify parameters, be sure to make backup of your original parameters first!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kosta

Kosta Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0
    Here is video how much THR_MAX value actually is affecting:

Needless to say that it will stress props more, so if you use original GPS props they will break for sure. I use Non-GPS props and they are much more stronger

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  3. oldking80

oldking80 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Hi Kosta,
    to do fly straight you need to set the ANGLE_MAX to 4500 which are 45 degrees. now, you can set 2000 so flights level.

4. Kosta

Kosta Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0
    Thanks for tip. I will try this at weekend when im back home.

5. Kosta

Kosta Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0
    Back to home from work.
    Now i removed all parts what i wont be using on modded 320. And i weight how much those removed parts were.
    Total 226g plus couple grams from screws etc. That is much. Ofcourse new parts will reduce that, but still it was a lot more what i was thinking. Camera alone is 39grams. 20170427_190221.jpg

Parts what i will use:
    Esc's 20A Dshot
    Flight controller X-Racer v3.1
    FPV Camera
    VTX
    PDB
    Receiver

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  6. oldking80

oldking80 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Why would you use a CMOS camera rather than CCD?

7. Kosta

Kosta Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0
    Picture quality and light handling is just so good in reviews what i have seen and also my friends are telling that it is really good camera. You can see review here:

8. oldking80

oldking80 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    From the video I see that Swift is better, don't you think?

9. Kosta

Kosta Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0
    Alright. Finally all parts arrived and spent this evening to install all new hardware.
    I got everything else to work except i have some troubles to get tilt working. It is something to do with Betaflight. @J Rogers you told in your post that you had to do some resource mapping in betaflight to get it work.
    Did you got it to work with pitch stick so when you push forward tilt will go forward too?
    I try to google around to see what i have to do now, but if you remember what you did, that would be nice.

10. Kosta

Kosta Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0
    And all set. Everything works nicely, even tilt is now working. Now i gonna take test flight and lets see how much i need to tune it.
    All parts fitted just perfectly inside 320 and i will take photos later of my modded 320.