Has the F210 flyaway problem been solved?

Discussion in 'Walkera F210' started by Andrei, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Andrei

Andrei New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi
    Today I had my first flyaway and, alas, I lost my F210.
    I was out on a soccer field on a day with pretty strong winds (20mph+). In the past the F210 handled such winds pretty well and I felt confident that I could fly. What actually happened is that a strong wind gust pickled up the drone and pushed it way downfield. I tried to pitch the nose down and add some speed when the drone suddenly and very rapidly shot up (200-300 feet up) and then I lost the signal. My spotter said that the drone went very high up and then crashed far inside the think brush of a large wooden area. I never found the drone again, neither did I hear anything beeping.
    Then I remembered that I read somewhere on the Internet that the Walkera F210 had a flyaway problem when the connection to the Devo7 was lost.
    Now maybe I inadvertently press the throttle to the max, but since I was also pitching the nose down, it should have flow towards me, which it never did. This is why I am wondering whether this was such a flyaway.
    Do you know if that problem has been fixed?
    What do you recommend I do better next time (yes, I already ordered a new F210)?
    Thanks for any advice you might have!

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +536 / 15
    The F210 is not a GPS drone so it will not return to home and land on a disconnection.

You can set the behaviour of the drone by setting the failsafe in the radio. Use the failsafe to centre all the controls and drop the throttle to about 20%. That will the stabilise the drone and have it descend quickly.

See how it is done in the user manual for the Devo 7.

manual-devention-7.29

• Like Like x 1
  3. Andrei

Andrei New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks for your very good advice!