Gsm data transfer

Discussion in 'Walkera Vitus' started by dawidz777, Apr 18, 2020.

1. dawidz777

dawidz777 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello.
    I recently bought the Walker Vitus 320 on Amazon.
    I am using the Huawei Mate 20 Pro phone. Because the "Wi-Fi drone network" has no access to the Internet, during this connection I would like to have access to the Internet via GSM - LTE data transmission.

1. I have enabled the data transmission option always enabled in the developer options

2. I have Wi-Fi + enabled

Despite this, when I connect to the Walkera Ground Wi-Fi network, the phone does not open pages, the gmial does not work, etc. no Internet access.
    That's why I can't update via the application, for example.
    I checked with another home network, disconnected it from the Internet, connected the phone to this network and the Internet was available via GSM data transmission.

My question is: what do I have to do to make it work?
    That I would have internet when I connect to the drone ??

My model is: LYA-L29

Build number is: 10.0.0.196 (C432E7R15path01) GPU Turbo

Controler serial number: MOA170704E0006, 03176281031, Walkera_Ground_000578
    Dron serial numbers: 0117X100061, Walkera Air 000578

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +559 / 16
    I don't understand how that particular phone works.

But the technology works this way.

You have 2 connections on your phone. The 3 or 4G cellular and the wifi connection.

This means that your phone becomes dual homed.

For TCP/IP routing it sets up a routing table.

The address range and subnet mask of the local IP addresses us used to determine local networking for the 2 connections.

For external networking as in addresses that are not on either local network it uses the Default route address.

Your wifi is overriding the default route and forcing all internet traffic to the drone where it cannot go anywhere.

You need to work out how your phone does its routing and adjust accordingly.

You will need to contact your cellular provider or your phone manufacturer.

Cheers

3. dawidz777

dawidz777 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello. It turns out that when I connect to a home wi fi network (huawei router, internet t-mobile) I turn off the data transmission in the router so that it does not have internet access, I will connect to this network by phone (I have enabled data and wi fi transmission) this connection the phone despite the wifi connection uses data transmission and the internet is. After connecting to the drone (Walker Vitus 320 wifi network) there is no internet - it does not use cellular data transmission. What may be the problem??

4. dawidz777

dawidz777 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Maybe something needs to be changed in these controller options to make this connection via GSM possible?

Attached Files:

5. dawidz777

dawidz777 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is my drone connection with the phone. Connects without a problem. Only later does this problem occur with the internet.

Attached Files:

6. dawidz777

dawidz777 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Now I have a bigger problem. I wanted to try different settings and changed bridge mode from bridged to DHCP and now neither the laptop nor the phone can find the controller. Please help.

Attached Files:

7. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +559 / 16
    Yes that would be correct. You locked yourself out.

The Network settings are for 2.4Ghz and for 5.8Ghz. The connection to the drone is using the Default gateway address for the 5.8Ghz. Its a dual homed connection.

There is no DHCP server in the drone So it cant obtain an IP address so is not contactable.

You will need to find a way to now reset the drone back to factory defaults. I have no idea how this is done.

The info you posted looks like Cellular and drone operation is not possible.

The The Phone will always use the wifi connection for the internet if connected to wifi.

Good luck.

Cheers