[GIMBAL] Tali H500 G-3S Connection

Discussion in 'Walkera TALI H500' started by apintuc, Feb 16, 2017.

1. apintuc

apintuc New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,
    I'm just a little more than a newbie: I'm finally trying to connect my G-3S gimbal to my Tali, but (lacking technical instruction or images by Walkera) i totally ignore how and where to connect roll and pitch to devo receiver...
    Can you give me some help? Thank you

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +437 / 14
    You can connect the roll and pitch to any available spare channel on the RX.

You will need the internal cable to the smart connector to extend the smart connector to the gimbal.

It may already be installed it will depend on what options you specified on the original Tali purchase.

Cheers

3. apintuc

apintuc New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you very much! I purchased a Tali with GCS and it seems that every cable is currently connected to the GCS itself...So if i detach the cables from the GCS i think i will not be able to control the gimbal in automatic missions (for example to shot photos for a photogrammetry)...

4. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +437 / 14
    No GCS is seperate wiring.

If you look at the RX you should see a serial channel and AUX 3 to 7 etc. There should be 2 cables from the AUX channels that go to the gimbal smart connector.

5. apintuc

apintuc New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for your help, i've tried everything before answering: well, it seems that the gimbal cables are connected both to rx705 and bt241 module and to complex port, so it's impossible to directly connect the G-3s roll/pitch to one of them; the best choice is to use a complex port cable (the same used for G-3D gimbal and Ilook camera) losing video out on F12E tranmsitter (i tried to connect the video cable from the gimbal controller to TX 5810, but the video signal is heavily disturbed).
    Now i'm trying to use a seagull MAP2 to trigger RX100 camera, but it seems impossible to make it work properly....I'm losing hope to use Tali with the gimbal designed to work with it...But i think it's impossible that there are no manuals to illustrate something that is sold to work!!!

6. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +437 / 14
    Ok. Yes that makes sense you can control the Gimbal from the GCS app and from the F12E.

So All the cabling is done inside the Tali. So I am not sure what your issue is.

You should have a cable included in your G-3S box that goes from the Gimbal to the Smartport.

There should also be instructions in the box.

Where did you get the G-3S gimbal?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  7. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +437 / 14
    Boy I got these 3 letters around the wrong way 3 times. :(

Here is the manual. Maybe this will help.;)

Attached Files:

8. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +437 / 14
    Looks like you have to make your own cable to connect to the smart port. Thats dumb. But its easy to do if you have the correct parts.

Cheers Brian

9. apintuc

apintuc New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I bought it on an online store in Italy, nothing that can give me any help... Anyway, the cable from the g-3s has a three pin port to be connected to gimbal cables inside the Tali, but it's not possible to plug them. I bought yesterday a new gimbal cables set directly from walkera and i'm waiting for them. The solution with the complex cable seems to be the most simple, but i have to find a way to regain video output to the transmitter. In the meanwhile i'm trying to undestand how to trigger the RX100, but without any indication on how to monitor radio channels pwm and aux mapping it seems hard...It's incredible that none owning a Tali has ever had such problems...

10. apintuc

apintuc New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for the manual, i had both in paper and pdf version, but it's absolutely useless to connect the gimbal to a Tali...