FW: F210 3D Original Manufacture FW and Settings and Cleanflight 1.2.0 English

Discussion in 'Walkera F210 3D' started by bjr981s, Oct 13, 2016.

1. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +346 / 12
    We now have, thanks to a new member, the factory default settings for the F210 3D. And the correct versions of Cleanflight to load the FW and Settings.

This will return the F210 3D back to the state it was shipped from the factory for those that updated the wrong Firmware or lost or corrupted their copy of their first backup by using a later than version 1.2.0 of Cleanflight.

You must use Cleanflight Version 1.2.0 for your F210. Due to decimal point issues with later versions of Cleanflight.

They are available in our Resources tab located here.

Wakera F210 | Walkera Drone Forums

Cheers Brian

2. ENRIQUE COURTADE

ENRIQUE COURTADE New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    How do you restores the configurations?

I copied the content of "F2103d_configV0.0.4.txt" into CLI of Cleanflight 1.2.0 put ENTER and apper this:
    # {"generatedBy":"1.2.0","apiVersion":"1.13.0","pr
    Unknown command, try 'help'

3. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +346 / 12
    Its because this is not a command line file. Its a saved config file.

Use the restore settings button on the main page of Cleanflight after you connect.

Cheers

4. ENRIQUE COURTADE

ENRIQUE COURTADE New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    • Like Like x 1
  5. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +346 / 12
    Thats why I hate the people. They put up videos and they are wrong so they don't correct them or pull them down. They don't care as long as it stays in the search engines and gets hits.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. droningon.co

droningon.co New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Really glad that the guide helped, it has been very popular and assisted lots of Walkera customers with fixing and reverting their quads back to an OEM state, also avoided them having to buy new Flight Controllers.

That's very harsh and highly unfair, I do my best to help people and my guides (its not a video...) which is incredibly popular - it did contain one incorrect closing step concerning the restoration of the configuration, which I have just corrected.

I am not sure which 'video' you are referring to but my video concerning my Rodeo 150 tips/tricks is still accurate an relevant, it doesn't contain errors and is very popular. Over 13,000 views, 200+ likes and 100+ comments praising me for the video content.

7. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +346 / 12
    So it took you nearly a year and my comments here to get you to fix one issue on your video and correct it. It was not the issue that I find most irritating and damaging.

You show how to Load Cleanflight. You fail to identify that Cleanflight evolves And the Rodeo FW does not keep pace. That is why the resource section of this site exists with the compatible version of Cleanflight. The way you show how to get it provides an incompatible Version and will brick their drone.

You should have said you need "this" version of Cleanflight to maintain compatibility with the Rodeo. And shown how to get the correct versions from Git Hub. So your video would have some longevity.

For your reference here:

Releases · cleanflight/cleanflight · GitHub

Try doing some searches on the forum here and seeing how many rodeos and other models videos like like this have broken.

You fail like all the others to point out that the version of components must be kept compatible. And your video has a used by date of the next release of any single one component.

Its like trying to load Windows 7 drivers on Windows XP, it breaks it.

Thats what annoys me as I have to go and explain that to everyone that watches these videos and bricks their drone and comes here for a personalised fix. And it is incredibly time consuming.

So, you get praised thats great, thats why I get so agro about these videos, and your comment above about how popular you are does not help. You articulate exactly what your interests are. Likes, hits and popularity. That is the yardstick of your success.

The reality is that the video is beyond its use by date and is now not relevant and causes people to brick their drones. Which appears to be of little interest to you.

I find these videos amateurish, not singling out yours but the majority of them are the things that help destroy this hobby by confusing and creating havoc with newcomers. Just to get hits and likes.

If you really want to help people why don't you come here and assist people one on one and get them flying again after they have been watching these kinds of videos. Time you did some hard yards helping people.

Now the above common are harsh. But unfortunately accurate.

If you want to create educational videos thats great, but put the effort in and understand the concept of lifecycle management and include that, put the caveats in so you don't mislead people. Everything changes software versioning, hardware revisions due to parts supply. But your video, and others like it, do not. It may have been OK 12 months ago but not now.

I guess one way of explaining my point is:

Asking this question.

Who is the president of the United States?

Now if the same question was asked a year ago. Would the answer be the same?

You get one right of Reply. ;) You can pull me apart. :)

But you need to provide some references. How many years have you been a systems developer, have you run any SOQT environments. Do you understand professional lodgement and versions control procedures.:cool:

Cheers

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. droningon.co

droningon.co New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Once again, the guide is written, its not a video...but that's probably a fact lost on you as you're blinded by ego, arrogance and your own narcissism whilst bashing out offensive and rude responses to others trying to help. It would seem that your little 'moderator' power has gone to your head, as it often does when some unimportant internet-keyboard warrior is given some some virtual authority over others.

Well done for helping people here, what a hero and clearly that's your "yardstick for success" whilst belittling everyone else and their efforts to help and assist, because we can't all be as great as you. Have a think about your past help and advice posted on now old threads, most likely googled and read by many, then your suggestions tested only to end up bricking their newer drone, because as we know, drones and FCs evolve. So ultimately your little contributions here are no different to a video or a written guide, only that my guide can be dynamic and updated as I receive feedback for it, as I have today and acted upon immediately.

My example of likes, positive praise in comments and views was in defence of the Rodeo 150 tips/tricks video, it isn't by any means my measure of the video being successful, but it is a good measure of it being useful to those that took the effort and time to respond.

What a character, thou of silly and unmemorable username, I won't waste any further typing-effort on you, as it'll just bounce off your ego-shield.

p.s. Feel free to exert your mod-powers against this response, oh mighty one, as I won't be frequenting this forum again.

9. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +346 / 12
    Ha Ha I expected more vitriol than that. Pity you wont be back, you have a good command of the english language, it would be fun to spar some more.

Anyhow, my goal is achieved, not to drive you away. But to anger you enough that you will stew over this for a few days and (Your not dumb) you will try and figure out all the arguments of why I am wrong. This will subtly cause you to think about lifecycle management and hopefully improve your little instructional videos.

But I must point out I have absolutely no interest in lauding over others. I got enough of that as an executive business manager. I am comfortably retired now. My yardstick for success by the way is how I effect others. My gaols are to pass on an ethos of how to learn, questioning why, not just being a follower. My wife with her 3 degrees in education would babble on about "concrete thinking". But thats another story.

You do need to start questioning yourself a bit more though. Sometimes you need to be your own devils advocate.

You did fix your video (Ok Guide) recently. So it has been broken for nearly 12 months until it was pointed out here. So all these people that commented how good it was had never followed it. What does it say about those people and your guide. They like your presentation, not the content.......

Anyhow, better things to do. More people to upset. A moderators life is,,,,never done. Ha Ha love that comment of yours hilarious. If you only knew me better.

Cheers and Goodbye.