Furious 320(G) Problems

Discussion in 'Walkera Furious 320' started by muzzaflyingfish, Jan 22, 2017.

1. muzzaflyingfish

muzzaflyingfish New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hi There
    I have recently purchased a Furious 320 (GPS) w/ a Devo 7 transmitter for Christmas, so I've had it for a month now. This is my first 'professional' drone (besides tiny toy ones) so I'm very new to the hobby.

Unfortunately, I've been having a few problems with the 320 already. My first major crash happened when I was in manual mode hovering in a fixed position with 50% throttle approx 40m (130ft) above the ground facing directly into approx 15km/hr (9mph) winds when all of a sudden it lost control and fell to the ground onto dirt snapping the front arm and bending the axial inside. It was another 2 weeks before I received parts, fixed it and got it back up into the air.
    The next crash I was flying simple straight and level flight at approx 75% throttle in Manual mode when the drone completed an unexpected backflip 2m (6ft) above the ground. Luckily it recovered itself before I locked the motors and hit the ground (only broke a prop).
    The most recent crash happened the same way. I was flying straight and level when it completed another unexpected backflip but this time it did not recovery and plummeted 10m (30ft) to the ground rupturing the servo inside controlling the arms and forcing them backwards.
    All of these crashes occurred on the second battery (not the same battery tho) 2-4mins into flight, therefore they were not low on power.
    The last two incidents were flown on 35ºC (95ºF) hot days at 2pm.
    Therefore, I've concluded that the system overheats and the flight controller becomes too hot and malfunctions or the accelerometer input cuts out or something? Would this be accurate? Or is it a software issue?

The 320 is still running on stock software as I don't know how to upgrade to the latest version. How do you update? I've tried connecting it to Mission Planner but it won't connect. I'm hoping the new software will fix the issue. Any advice?
    So far I'm pretty disappointed with the drone. Please help?
    Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. muzzaflyingfish

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Update.
    Same thing happened again, flying straight and level at slow speed, it destabilised and crashed into the ground twisting the rear arms 90º to the front ones destroyed two props and dented two left motors. Luckily an easy fix. Flying at sunset on a cool evening.
    WTF is going on? Biggest regretful purchase ever. Seriously sending it back.

• Like Like x 1
  3. siul136

siul136 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    To be able to update the bin file from walkera you need to download the software from Walkera official website - Walkera—Intelligence makes it possible.
    Fallow the steps on the attached pdf guide . Now when you connect your F320 to the computer make sure select AUTO and hit connect. After connection is made go to FIRMWARE and hit connect. NOTE: if it say that connection can not be made simply disconnect the usb from the computer and reconnect it again and hit connect. Once is connected then upload the bin file.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  4. muzzaflyingfish

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hi
    Hi Siul

Thanks for the help, but I'm still having problems. The downloaded software from Walkera is a .rar file not a .bin, therefore, it won't update.
    Any ideas how to fix it?
    Thanks

5. siul136

siul136 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Hi .rar file is a compressed file. You need a software like winzip or winrar to decompress the file.

6. siul136

siul136 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
  7. muzzaflyingfish

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Adam from Warsaw

Adam from Warsaw New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I'm wondering how it works for you? What are updating change it. I'm not sure if this works better? If you can write please. Your pretty good writer ;) And I need this :(

9. Junior Ellis

Junior Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Fallowing for later :)