Furious 215 RTF Pairing Issues

Discussion in 'Walkera Help!' started by Gnjac0rp, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Gnjac0rp

Gnjac0rp New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey,

I am having binding issues myself with the 215 and devo 7, mine was RTF and I had 2 short flights from it before bad weather kicked in.

Purchased it 6 days ago I might add so it's literally still brand new. This is my first racing drone as I've mainly been flying the small mini drone (not tiny whoop style but like the video drones) and also the Bebop 2 which all this has done is wet my appetite which is why I went for the RTF version.

First flight i did have a minor crash but started up fine afterwards, following flight it was flying perfectly and no crashes as I kept it close and controlled. Then I had to skip the next day due to weather.

Weather cleared up yesterday so I went to have a quick fly to discharge the batteries incase the crap weather came back. It will not pair. Video shows fine but the TX wont pair now.

I have looked abit into it and still not coming up with any solid answers, I have found a couple of people who made recent purchases and like myself lost the ability to pair the RX to the TX after only a few uses. They have been told to send the unit back since most of the PCB board issues have been with frequent flyers which then its understandable they would have to replace items. (I am waiting on the shop I purchased it from to get back to me about the returns policies etc)

I don’t really want to start messing about with flashing the drone and reinstalling the firmware incase that would invalidate any warranty the device should really have.

I also would rather (much to my dismay) stick with Walkera since I also have a Rodeo mini arriving at some point soon so I would need to stick with the DEVO7 receiver to control this as well.

I am not have any issues with video pairing mind you. I just don’t understand how overnight it can go from pairing and flying no problem to just constantly bleeping at me and refusing to pair.

Walkera I am finding are pretty much useless, the manual for the DEVO7 is outdated and states you can download updates etc from the website, which you cant. The quickstart guide just assumes everything works as it should but doesn’t give any troubleshooting for when it doesn’t. I have no data files for any components used within the drone and cant find any online. The Youtube channel is also useless and they ignore any and every comment posted. I have tried to email them but no response and that is the same with other people who have tried to contact them.

I have tried to clear the Fixed ID incase that became set but followed all instructions and tbh I’m not even sure it worked, but I don’t believe it needed doing anyway as I hadn’t looked that far into the TX’s settings.

I have checked the RX connections and that still feels solid where its fitted and the solder connections are all still in place with no lose connections. I couldn’t see anything that had became unplugged throughout the drone. All the LEDs come on no problem and it sittings there like its trying to pair, I believe the beeps denote what the issue is but I cannot find a list of what the various types of beeps mean, once again walkera assume their product is perfect and will never go wrong....

Any help you can offer me would be brilliant as I am really struggling and just want to fly my purchase - its cost enough after all.

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    Check that you have not used the trim controls on the radio. All trim must be 0.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gnjac0rp

Gnjac0rp New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have checked the trims and granted one trim was one push out, re calibrated the TX. I now have my Rodeo 110 and that came with another TX so I have tried the older TX with the R110 no problems, newer TX works with the R110 as well no problems.
    After checking the trims I tried the F215 again and I am getting slightly different results now.
    Whereas before It would just flash Blue Green Red at me while bleeping away, the RX would just keep flashing away as well.
    (this one had no TX's turned on at the time but with or without them turned on the RX would just flash away)

and now after the trim thing the RX is staying a solid colour with the TX's on but it still doesn't want to connect.

I have checked both TX's again with the R110 after trim adjust and re calibration and that is still working fine.
    I can only assume that the Red/Blue/Green lights are trying to tell me something is wrong elsewhere maybe?

4. Gnjac0rp

Gnjac0rp New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Luckily I've been confined to the sim for this week for practice despite the drone working or not but I'm getting to a point now where I want to test out what I've learnt with the Furious.

5. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    Did you have a crash or a heavy landing wth this drone?

Is the battery fully charged? It is giving an error alarm could be a bad connection from the FC or the RX. Have you reset the Fixed ID on the RX?

Your minor crash may have dislodged the connectors for the RX or FC.

Remove and clean them then try again.

Cheers

6. Gnjac0rp

Gnjac0rp New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It was a heavy landing as I wanted to be safe rather than sorry and brought it down by disarming.
    Next day I had a full battery flight with no issues.

I took it apart again over the weekend and once I'd put it back together it paired. Tried to set a fixed ID and then it lost connection once pairing was complete, gave it a bind reset and started to pair again.
    Went to fly again today and no pairing, fiddled around with the RX thinking it was a binding issue again and all of a sudden it started pairing. Flew and then it fell out the air, lost connection to the TX again.

The RX even thought it looks ok isn't properly connecting to the main board, If i push it towards the main board ever so slightly it starts to pair. Although flight vibrations is enough to shift it in or out of place. Everything still powers up and it seems to behave as it should do but I assume a pin isn't quite soldered properly.

I assume if I find the loose pin, a little dab of solder should fix it right?

7. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    No Check the connectors. Have you removed the RX and FC from the main board? Take some pics of the connectors once removed.

8. Samurai2009

Samurai2009 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello, i have the same problem. You have solution for this.

9. Samurai2009

Samurai2009 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [QUOTE = "bjr981s, bài đăng: 19357, thành viên: 569"] Không Kiểm tra các đầu nối. Bạn đã loại bỏ RX và FC khỏi bảng chính? Chụp một số bức ảnh của các đầu nối sau khi xóa. [/ QUOTE]
    I have the same problem. You have solution for this yet.

10. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    First step is to ensure that the trims on the radio have not been bumped. If the trims are not all at 0 it will not arm/disarm.

If it doesn't bind after that and you have had a crash / heavy landing :) then:

You need to remove the FC and RX from the mainboard and check the connections from them to the mainboard. Also you need to check the mainboard for any cracks.

Good luck.