Furious 215 Binding Issue

Discussion in 'Walkera Furious 215' started by tdkflorida, Jun 4, 2017.

1. tdkflorida

tdkflorida Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I was flying my F215 today, and after a small crash the drone would bind to my transmitter any more. Also, it appears I'm not getting a video signal to my goggles. When I put in a battery and turn on the transmitter, the drone just beeps. Also, I notice that one set o the LEDs are not lighting up. Could it be that my VTX is trashed? I had it a 600mhz. I've upload a video below.

2. tdkflorida

tdkflorida Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I finally received my Main Board w/ Receiver today. I installed it and now I'm able to bind my receiver again. Also, one of the LEDs had a short. So, I replaced it as well, now all is good. I purchased a new VTX as well, because I was having a lot of break up 100 meters out. I'm going to stick with the 200mw, because I believe the 600mw may have fried my board. It's been raining because of a tropical depression in the Gulf, so I may not be able to fly until later in the week. I will update this post with my results.

3. tdkflorida

tdkflorida Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    So, I have another issue with my F215 not binding. I was out flying yesterday. After burning through about 7 packs I quit for the day, so I thought. I had another 2 packs, so I figured I'd just finish them. When I went to bind my quad, it would give me video, but would not bind. It just keeps beeping, like the receiver is not picking up. I don't want to have to buy another PDB, since I've bought 3 already in the last 2 months. I have 2 F215s, so it's become a little rediculous. Any ideas as to why the quad want bind? The transmitter screen says LOST CONTROL.

Please advise,

Travis

4. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +405 / 13
    How much time did you give the model to cool down before you flew again?

5. Sob

Sob Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Did you ever figure out why it won't bind, I have the 210 and the 215, I have run 600mw on both, just because I like to practice going in and out of trees, I'm still a newbie does the 20th work good enough around trees, just hate to burn up my main board, I have never built one so I'm sure I be lost if if I did burn my main board out,

6. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +405 / 13
    The Transmit power of the VTX can not, and will not burn up your main board. But it will burn itself up faster if you power on without an antenna.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sob

Sob Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey thanks for that information, I will leave it on 600mw, then.im pretty new only Ben flying this year so every information is great, thankyou

8. tdkflorida

tdkflorida Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    This is the second time I've had binding issues. The firs time I had to replace the power board. I've ordered another one, so I know this will fix the issue. I have two F215 and this is my 3rd power board in 3 months. It could be a bad receiver, but because the receiver is integrated on the PBD, I have to buy them both. :(

9. tdkflorida

tdkflorida Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I Will have to replace the Power Board again.

10. tdkflorida

tdkflorida Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I couldn't bind it again after flying. It will still not bind. I order another Power Board. This is the 3rd one is 3 months. I just replaced the current on 2 weeks ago. I don't think they are build very well.