Found a broken 250 pro in a park, trying to repair it.

Discussion in 'Walkera Runner 250 Pro' started by yarik2004, Sep 19, 2020.

1. yarik2004

yarik2004 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello everyone.

Last week I was walking in a park and found a broken drone.

It turns out that it is a walkera runner 250 pro.

[​IMG]

It does not look too damaged and, as I never owned a drone but always wanted to, I decided to try to repair it.

Would greatly appreciate your help.

I took it apart and here is what I think is damaged, please correct me if I am wrong.

1. Mushroom antenna is gone and connection to the tx5835 transmitter is broken.

[​IMG]

2. Receiver antenna mount is broken, but wires themselves seem to be ok.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Two landing legs are gone and all 4 props.

When I connect the battery, it light ups and beeps.
    And, obviously, I dont have a controller and charger.

[​IMG]

I have few questions.

1. I need to buy a controller, which one would you suggest? I found a used devo 7 for 20$ or a used devo f7 for 50$. Is f7 compatible? It would be nice to have fpv right there on the controller. Or is it better that I save some money on the controller and buy fpv glasses?
    2. I did not find TX5835 online for sale, but found TX5834? Are they swappable? The TX5834 seems to have a stronger signal?
    3. Judging by the looking of the antenna wires, do you think I need also to replace my receiver? Or just buying a new mount is enough?

Thanks a lot in advance.

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    1) Any Devo, 7 channel or more above will bind fine with this drone. They come in CE European and FCC rest of world configurations. get the F7 :)
    2) You have not set your location in your profile so I assume your are CE regulated European. The TX5835 is they CE European version and the TX5834 is the FCC rest of world regulated. Both are interchangeable but legally I have to advise that you should not operate FCC equipment in the European Union. ;)
    3) You will need to replace the RX the antenna are damaged. There is an antenna mount that I would think also broken.

You also may need to replace the mainboard it is likely to be cracked and the thin connector strips to the RX and Flight controller.
    It will be an expensive exercise.:(

Attached is a parts list with part numbers.

This is a link to the Devo7 manual.

Manual: Devention 7

This is a link to the DevoF7 manual.

Manual: Devention F7

This is the link to the Quick start Guide for the Runner 250 Pro. (It will give you the radio settings to configure for the drone)

Manual: Quick Start Guide Runner 250 Pro

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Cheers Brian

Attached Files: