Flying or Racing Drones?

Discussion in 'Walkera Talk' started by sambaker4144, Oct 22, 2016.

1. sambaker4144

sambaker4144 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello there! My name is Sam, 31 from Texas. My boyfriend is a http://flying-drones.expert/top-5-best-quadcopters-with-flight-controllers And since, I am a very supportive girlfriend, I just said yes to his hobby. Before, he was a drone land racer. He controls the little thing with a controller and just race. Then his interest becomes wider. He tried flying and racing drones now.Here are some of the drones he owned. My question is, which is better in your opinion, the flying or racing drones? And... if ever that I will buy another for him, do you have any recommendations? Id love to hear your suggestions and opinions. Also, please reason out why you have suggested that one. Thank you. I would really appreciate a reply.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2016
  2. iskandar

iskandar Active Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0
    Racing.

Storm QAV-R or Vortex Pro 250 or TBS Vendetta.

It rocks!

3. StillHIGH

StillHIGH Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Hi sambaker4144,

I only have one the walkera 250R advanced. While I might be one of the lucky ones that have no issue with it from factory faults or whatever excuse others mentioned. I take good care of my quad I reach speeds far beyond the factory set 45km/h. It flies well even in windy conditions. If used right you can great pleasure of this quad.
    It is sold as a racer and all though not the fastest it can bring you to the next level.

My 2 cents

• Like Like x 1
  4. corey10troy

corey10troy New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hi Sam,

I have the new 250 Pro and the Phantom 3 Advanced. It all comes down to the mood you are in when you want to fly. Sometimes all I want to do is get some peaceful time and fly my Phantom, take some nice pics and a vid. If time is lacking then the 250 pro is a better option as its more nimble and good for a quick flying fix. My wife thought I was mad until she saw the images you can get with a good camera Drone and the speed you can get with a good Quadcopter....Notice I called them by the correct names as they are not all just called drones. Quadcopter pilots get all antsy when you call a racer a Drone.

Money is also the issue. Buy a RTF option or build your own for a fraction of the price. A very good racer at the moment is the Eachine Wizard -

Eachine Wizard X220 FPV Racer Blheli_S F3 6DOF 5.8G 48CH 200MW 700TVL Camera w/ FlySky I6 RTF

Possible quad of the year 2016. Drone wise.......Phantom all the way in my opinion.

Hope this helps Sam.